pressing E = bypass of your efforts, and that's not ok

I was playing Hag trying to get her adept on coldwind. I placed a trap in a specific spot in shack, foreseeing a chase leading there where I would need it later. Sure enough when I chase an injured person into the shack, they step on the trap. I teleport immediately, swing, and they pressed E to make the distance to shack pallet. I cannot think of any way they did anything to deserve getting that chase extended so much. No skill, no intelligent usage... The only thing they did was equip DH and press E. I strategically placed that trap there with the specific intent of using it, minutes ahead of time. It is so frustrating to make a good play and get ######### for it.

If you think DH is fine, please explain to me what this person actually did that was smart or skillful. It certainly wasn't pressing E. It looks to me like they just get free things by merit of having DH equipped.

Comments

  • The irony of being a HAG and complaining about pressing buttons to bypass effort XD

  • Dead hard is fine since there’s killers like deathslinger, spirit, twins etc

  • @Malum_Midnight said:

    I feel like DH needs a rework, but I’m not sure what it could be

    Look at the bigger picture.

    You don't want DH to be nerfed because people will still run it of course BUT, Sprint Burst gamers will explode.

    SB in good hands is way better and more annoying than DH. 99 plays, getting out of a dead zone into a loop.

  • Dead hard is fine. A perk is supposed to benefit you, that's why people use perks.

    Sprint burst is way more annoying to go against.

    Devs need to stop nerfing everything because of a vocal minority of cry posts on the forums.

  • I think it stems from a time when no one knew how to play the game well. looping etc. now that people know its just obnoxious. that goes for most exhaustion perks

  • Had it been any other exhaustion perk, that chase could have ended before you landed the first hit, or it could have happened in totally different place. It's just that certain perks counter certain actions. Maybe you once slugged someone who had unbreakable, hit someone who was just saved with bt, walked trough a pallet carrying a survivor with power struggle and so on. It might feel unfair, but any other perk could have changed the outcome of that chase too.

  • Should have anticipated and place another trap kekw

1 2 ›