Isn't this not BHVR's style? (Chapter 21 Discussion)

I know everyone is getting all hype about pinhead but it's kinda occurred to me that when has BHVR ever informed us to a killer this early? Like they spoil letters and we know who it is by thursday with 5 days left to the ptb? The company that posted a bee emoji in a tweet right before silent hill chapter, made blight look like a werewolf, victor a wendigo, and teased the survivor instead of the killer for all-kill just straight up told us the killer 5 days before the ptb no strings attached? That's not even taking into consideration the pinhead license was in a lawsuit until a little while ago and we still don't know what the red herring post was about. Anybody else not convinced or am I alone in this?

Comments

  • We really won’t know until they do an official reveal. It’s most likely Hellraiser with the evidence we got, but it could be something else. If it is Hellraiser, perhaps they want to build up more hype so people can start talking about it and forget about the horrible releases the last few chapters were.

  • @Gruul said:

    I know everyone is getting all hype about pinhead but it's kinda occurred to me that when has BHVR ever informed us to a killer this early? Like they spoil letters and we know who it is by thursday with 5 days left to the ptb? The company that posted a bee emoji in a tweet right before silent hill chapter, made blight look like a werewolf, victor a wendigo, and teased the survivor instead of the killer for all-kill just straight up told us the killer 5 days before the ptb no strings attached? That's not even taking into consideration the pinhead license was in a lawsuit until a little while ago and we still don't know what the red herring post was about. Anybody else not convinced or am I alone in this?

    They did the same ######### with Stranger Things, Halloween, and Nightmare on Elm Street. Oh and for the Silent Hill chapter they had an in hindsight obvious tease with the shape of the 4 matching the head of Pyramid Head.

    Now just because this seems new to you or too obvious doesn't mean it's all nothing. For Trickster they pretended on Twitter to be a Korean multimedia company. Which is something they never did before to tease a chapter. And that wasn't all a troll op.

    In Hellraiser you summon the cenobites by solving a puzzle box. Once solved the box plays some music and the 4 cenobites arrive at your location to take you to hell.

    The puzzle (teasers) have been now solved so we should expect a trailer tomorrow.

  • You're not wrong, they've gone really far out of their way to throw us off before. But still, it's always fun to get all hyped and try to crack the code on the next chapter. I won't be surprised if the next chapter isn't even licensed though.

    I hope it's Hellraiser though, it's been on my dbd wish list for a while now.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    We really won’t know until they do an official reveal. It’s most likely Hellraiser with the evidence we got, but it could be something else. If it is Hellraiser, perhaps they want to build up more hype so people can start talking about it and forget about the horrible releases the last few chapters were.

    what do we do if their giving us all these hellraiser hints and it all just ends up being a "Oh you thought is was hellraiser...PSYCHE!"

  • Also is your name a reference to Magic The Gathering

  • The lawsuit for Hellraiser and Jason are two completely different issues with different set backs.

    I'm not a lawyer so I'm not gonna pretend to know everything to the fine print, but I can tell you two things.

    1.) Pinhead was mostly likely under development for 14 months ever since Mathew first referenced them in 2020, so if this happened before that lawsuit, then it's a bit too late at the moment to take it back unless they make... an appeal? I think..

    2.) They're still able to share their license for some particular reason and it was showed why thanks to people who knew the law much more than I do.

    Now for the non lawsuit, I never seen the Victor looking like a Wendigo, not sure..where that even came from.

    Blight didn't seem to put on an impression of being a werewolf, at least for me they didn't. The second I saw that vial I knew immediately what was up, there was no werewolf there. We were getting the lore legend himself.

    The bee is something completely different from Silent Hill. Not sure why that's associated with that

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    Also is your name a reference to Magic The Gathering

    Yes lol.

    Also it wouldn't be the first time a game went far out of their way to throw people off the trail for a new character. Respawn created a character for dataminers to find just to kill them in the reveal trailer for the real character Revenant and Ed Boon trolls almost on a daily basis.

  • @Gruul said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424712#Comment_2424712

    Yes lol.

    Also it wouldn't be the first time a game went far out of their way to throw people off the trail for a new character. Respawn created a character for dataminers to find just to kill them in the reveal trailer for the real character Revenant and Ed Boon trolls almost on a daily basis.

    Nice. I actually have a Gruul deck with me right now


  • @DwarvenTavern said:

    The lawsuit for Hellraiser and Jason are two completely different issues with different set backs.

    I'm not a lawyer so I'm not gonna pretend to know everything to the fine print, but I can tell you two things.

    1.) Pinhead was mostly likely under development for 14 months ever since Mathew first referenced them in 2020, so if this happened before that lawsuit, then it's a bit too late at the moment to take it back unless they make... an appeal? I think..

    2.) They're still able to share their license for some particular reason and it was showed why thanks to people who knew the law much more than I do.

    Now for the non lawsuit, I never seen the Victor looking like a Wendigo, not sure..where that even came from.

    Blight didn't seem to put on an impression of being a werewolf, at least for me they didn't. The second I saw that vial I knew immediately what was up, there was no werewolf there. We were getting the lore legend himself.

    The bee is something completely different from Silent Hill. Not sure why that's associated with that

    Just adding that before the lawsuit was even settled there was already a Hellraiser reboot movie and HBO TV series in the works. Obviously the lawsuit wasn't getting in the way of anything.

  • They teased Blight to he a Werewolf??? Bruh that syringe inject and hitting the ground was a dead giveaway, and probably one of the only teasers theyve given where I was 100% confident on who the killer was

    Theyve always been cryptic and teased upcoming content in unique ways, this is just another one of those. How ever they never really tease licensed content anymore the same way as original content. So Im pretty sure this is just gonna be another original chapter

  • @Shroompy said:

    They teased Blight to he a Werewolf??? Bruh that syringe inject and hitting the ground was a dead giveaway, and probably one of the only teasers theyve given where I was 100% confident on who the killer was

    Theyve always been cryptic and teased upcoming content in unique ways, this is just another one of those. How ever they never really tease licensed content anymore the same way as original content. So Im pretty sure this is just gonna be another original chapter

    It's seemingly a paragraph instead of a full chapter from what we know so really doubt it's an original chapter.

    I'm not saying they teased blight as a werewolf just that people thought blight was a werewolf or a jeckyll/hyde transforming type killer at the time of the teaser, point being they're very rarely direct.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2424714#Comment_2424714

    Just adding that before the lawsuit was even settled there was already a Hellraiser reboot movie and HBO TV series in the works. Obviously the lawsuit wasn't getting in the way of anything.

    Yeah exactly. I'm quite unsure what the limitations there are for for lawsuit, I imagine there is something, but I wonder what it is