What counts as a weapon

So i'm doing that hitting survivors with your weapon challenge and i like getting it done quick in one match but i'm think if Deathslinger's ability counts as a weapon does something like Nemesis tentacle does that count.

Comments

  • If you hit the survivor with your M1/RT that counts towards it.

  • No, tentacle does not count sadly, found that out while doing his daily with that mission equipped.

  • @Jivetalkin13 said:

    If you hit the survivor with your M1/RT that counts towards it.

    Even Pig’s ambush attack?

  • No, that's in a weird place where it's technically a special attack. My only guess as to why is because it's a transitional attack between crouched state and normal. Could also be because of the extended lunge. You'll learn eventually what is and isn't considered a special attack, but it is confusing admittedly.

  • @jamally093 said:

    So i'm doing that hitting survivors with your weapon challenge and i like getting it done quick in one match but i'm think if Deathslinger's ability counts as a weapon does something like Nemesis tentacle does that count.

    It's probably weird, but in general if your m2 is a special attack (demo/pig/nemesis/PH) it doesn't count. If your m2 modifies you in some way, it counts (nurse, spirit etc)

  • Unless it's been changed I think Legion is the best one for that. All the frenzy hits count as far as I'm aware.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    Unless it's been changed I think Legion is the best one for that. All the frenzy hits count as far as I'm aware.

    I’m pretty sure that frenzy doesn’t count since it isn’t a basic attack.

  • @DeadByDedicated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2421610#Comment_2421610

    I’m pretty sure that frenzy doesn’t count since it isn’t a basic attack.

    That's fair. It certainly used to back in the earlier rifts but I haven't played Legion in a while to really confirm that nowadays. Figured I'd bring it up in case it was still a thing.

  • It means land basic attacks.

    Special attacks are usually attacks that are projectiles or can break pallets.

    So for example: Blight's basic attacks count but his lethal rush doesn't because it can break pallets.

    However killer's power such as Deathslinger, Nurse, Wraith, and Spirit which have mobility/Movement manipulation based powers. They count as basic attacks if you land an M1 attack since they can't break pallets.

    For example: Deathslinger's only counts if you successfully melee then after a pull as landing the shot itself doesn't count.

  • When its just a basic m1 that every killer can do, basically any special power doesn't count.