[Story thread] How Diversion saved my ass after Red Herring nearly screwed me
Was up against a Shape, who was kicking our asses. My current build is Dark Sense, Diversion, Inner Strength, Red Herring. I was trying to distract the Shape, but with everyone accidentally feeding him EWIII, it didn't work very well.
Anyway, the last survivor gave up, so he was carrying her around while looking for me. I got into a locker when he picked her up because I thought for sure he was going to hook her, and BBQ was all but confirmed. That's when I realized my mistake: I'd been working on a nearby generator, so he was definitely going to check my locker.
I wanted to leave, but he came straight for me while carrying the other survivor. He circled the locker a bit (never dropping her, because Entity forbid she be allowed to die), then went to the nearby house. That's when I left the locker - another mistake.
He came back to the locker area and was moving so quickly, I wouldn't have time to get back into it. So, as a last resort, I threw the pebble into the building. It worked. He immediately turned around (we're talking frame-perfect timing, by my estimate) and went into the building.
I took the opportunity to finally make my escape (especially because I started getting AFK crows). He then decided he was letting her go (if she betrayed me, I'm guessing, so he could then get us both), but she wasn't having any of it. She insisted on being hooked and, when he didn't comply, she DC'd. After a short sprint, I found the hatch and escaped.
The killer was dumbfounded and angry that he hadn't checked the locker, sarcastically congratulating me for hiding in it once I explained what happened, adding that there was no way he could have known I was in the locker.
I was going to explain how he could have at least concluded there was a high probability I was in the locker (after all, most killers with a modicum of experience would have checked that locker), but he called me a moron after saying something like "Sure, I'll just check every locker on the map", so I decided he wasn't worth the effort.
Comments
I feel like Red Herring could use a buff to select the generator you want.
Tag it like you would Blast Mine or Repressed Alliance, and then it makes the noise after you enter the locker.
Also, great story OP
I feel like you could drop dark sense for quick n quiet
I think the buff should be that you have to press E to activate it, like Diversion.
I'm not sure I even have that in the first place. Regardless, that's not the point of the build.
I don't understand because dark sense it pointless and the weakest perk in the game.
The killer was probably right given that you had afk crows and dark sense.
Dark Sense is a powerful perk in the right hands.
I had AFK crows because the killer kept circling the locker for a prolonged period of time. As soon as I could, I tried to leave.
Alert is better. Kindred is better. Literally, dark sense is the weakest perk in the game.
As long as stuff like Sole Survivor, No Mither, Monstruous Shrine etc. is in game, a perk that shows the killer's aura after every gen and most notably, after the last one, is anything but the weakest.
Depends on what you use it for. Also, Monstrous Shrine is in the game - there is no weaker perk in the game.
I like niche perks for niche builds. I'm a casual player.
Never touched it. The closest I came is when I had to play specific survivors (most at level 1) to get their crowns. Obviously I wasn't going to equip Quick and Quiet on Meg if I only had one perk slot; I was going for Sprint Burst or Adrenaline.
You can get the same effect by being proactive and getting in the locker a few seconds ahead of time. However, no amount of gameplay can get you the same effect as Adrenaline.
Sole survivor is far more useful that dark sense, even without object. It's far more useful than dark sense as it prevents information.
No mither is a niche build, which means it has its place
Monstrous shrine is pretty weak...but dark sense is still weaker
There isn't anything dark sense does that any other perk can't do better. You get up to five intervals of information, and that's only if your team gets gens done. If your team gets axed off before you can complete a single generator, which does happen from time to time, you were better off with sole survivor.
Dark Sense serves no purpose of value, informing a player of information that was otherwise accessible without it. Not only that, but undetectable is a thing that worsens its value. Any other perk is significantly better than dark sense is in its current form.
If dark sense ignored undetectable, only then would it be remotely useful.
You're entitled to utilize your perk slot any way you want tho, the fact is that it's simply a waste to use dark sense.
No way, dark sense is the weakest perk in the game. Monstrous shrine is effectively niche, as it hurts deliverance and forces survivors to unhook faster
Lmao I never used dark sense. There is no way you just said dark sense is weaker than ms. But anyway I really don't feel like arguing about this.
Anyway, as you probably don't know, sole survivor now cancels ooo because ooo needs the killer to see your aura for it to work.
Whatever you say. I'm not going to argue the point, that's not the purpose of this thread.
Not an argument, just facts. Dark Sense should be replaced by any other perk. It doesn't have any value. Good luck and good day.
Opinions, not facts.