What do Survivors do for Killer fun

From the recent debate with SpooknJukes and his step brother, who described 3 states of killer play. Playing nice, fair, or like a dick.

What do you as survivor do to play 'nice' with a killer that you recognize may be having a bad game/is new to the killer they are playing/is new in general, if anything?

And if you don't do anything, why should a killer worry about your fun/do you care if a killer plays 'nice' or not?

Genuine questions, not meant to start a flame war or anything.

Comments

  • Can't come up with much, taking my time to find totems first is about all the leeway I can give them in terms of gen progression.

    I actually prefer the killers I face try to the best of their ability and show as a little Mercy as possible. A killer that is no nonsense with iridescent add-ons is more fun than one giving blatantly free unhooks or escapes.

  • Don’t use BNP, keys, map offerings. Usually have at least 1 meme/underrated perk. Will farm whenever a killer wants to.

  • 1. I will farm whenever the killer wants too.

    2. I won't teabag and/or flashlight click.

    3. I will give my item to them

    4. I would let them kill me to get a few points.

    5. If they need help on a challenge I will help them

    6. I don't play killer but my friends do so they would give the killer tips on how to play better.

  • I actually stay off of gens for the first few mins to look for and cleanse totems (depending on the map) & I don’t know about any other SWF groups, but me and mine will literally stand in front of a hook and point at it if we see that a Killer gave up after having a rough game.

    But either way, I don’t think opposing sides owe jack to each other. Just play the game to win & move on. If you choose to be nice then thats what you choose. Its not an obligation.

  • To be brutally honest about it I really could care less how they play or I play , it's whatever seems fun at the moment and that's how it should be , this whole caring about the other side is hogwash I play both sides evenly and if I'm not having some laughs here and there I'm not having fun, I laugh when killers try to BM and when survivors do the same I see the humor in all of it which is something that is really missing in this game, you could be the biggest ######### in the world in the game and be a nice person in reality, but the real question I would ask anyone in this debate is: was whatever you did fun? If yes , Then who cares how they feel they didn't buy your game. I've BM a killer so much before that we started memeing and at the end he quit memeing had Noed and Bloodwarden and it was the funniest ######### ever , we've been friends ever since BTW lol

  • If I think the killer has BBQ and we're 4-5 gens in, I let them get a hook on me if I haven't been hooked yet.

    Because of my love of For The People, I also use DH to go along with it. To try to be more fair with a busted perk I try to limit my use of Dead Hard to only three times a game.

    Unless I think a survivor is in harm, I immediately leave if the exit gates are opened.

    Also, I don't teabag or flashlight click or spam loud actions.

  • No BNPs, no keys, no insta-heals (not so "insta" anymore, but anyway), although I have tons of them.

  • For me, I do the following:

    • Never burn map offerings
    • Never bring keys or BNPs
    • I don't engage in the typical provoking BM like tbagging or clicking and so on. I will BM if the killer BMs me though, you get what you give
    • I'll help with challenges if it's clear the Killer's trying to do one (The plague one for example)
    • I'll wait in the exit gates to give killers extra points, if they make it clear they don't wanna then I just leave so I don't waste their time

    I think everything else is fair game.

    1. Search for totems
    2. Search all the chests
    3. If its obvious they're new or just a potato and are not tunneling from the start, I let them down me if they haven't downed anyone. I'd even let them kill me sometimes.
    4. If they're bad and I haven't been hooked yet, rather than running, I'd crouch while moving forward and repeatedly tapping left or right and pretend I'm a duck. Some think I'm stupid when I do it, others have shown appreciation for the humor.
    5. If i get a toxic duo swf whose goal is to bully, I take my time to save them or pick them up. Sometimes I just let them die if the gates are powered.
  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    From the recent debate with SpooknJukes and his step brother, who described 3 states of killer play. Playing nice, fair, or like a dick.

    What do you as survivor do to play 'nice' with a killer that you recognize may be having a bad game/is new to the killer they are playing/is new in general, if anything?

    And if you don't do anything, why should a killer worry about your fun/do you care if a killer plays 'nice' or not?

    Genuine questions, not meant to start a flame war or anything.

    I watch this video and the guy had some good point specially with his view on tunneling