New Trickster Buff

OK so in my personal opinion (take what I say as someone who has 0 minutes on killer and only plays survivor) I don't think trickster needs another buff, before this recent one I thought he was unfun to play against and unfun to play (according to post on here and twitter) so now that his laceration is 15 seconds and he can throw them FASTER I cant imagine him being fun for survivors at all. Its to the point where (for me) parents and windows aren't valid due to his knifes being able to kill you before the animation is over. The only bad side to trickster is his speed but on lots of maps there are bad loops where he can throw knives over them anyways.

Anyways what does everyone think about him and tell me if you think om wrong or if you partially agree with me on anything, im curios what everyone else thinks.

Comments

  • I partially agree. The laceration decay time was a good change in my opinion as it actually helps him where he's weak. But I'm not sure about being able to throw knives faster. It did feel a bit clunky after his 5.1.0 changes but it might, again, make him even stronger in the open.

    I think they increased his throwing speed so he can down people before they get to his weak areas (killer shack, high loops, etc) as a way to help him where he's weak. But it indirectly makes him a lot stronger out in the open again.

    I'll be trying these new changes soon to see. But I'm expecting a lot more DCs each game than I've already been getting.

  • Ill have to see with the new laceration timer but I've been firm that their previous change to him was a nerf not a buff. Especially now that the cut through double hit thing is gone I think he's slightly worse. Prior to any changes it was generally agreed that melodious murder and fizz spin soda was his best addon combo, which gave the faster throw rate and 6 knives to down instead of 8(you still had 60 base knives). Now melodious is changed and its original effect was baselined, but you have 44 knives and they decay faster. So you can bring a loa to get 8 more knives bringing you to 52. Which in total is 8 fewer carried knives, 5s faster decay, same knives to down as the original addon combo.

  • @Tricksters_Wife said:

    I partially agree. The laceration decay time was a good change in my opinion as it actually helps him where he's weak. But I'm not sure about being able to throw knives faster. It did feel a bit clunky after his 5.1.0 changes but it might, again, make him even stronger in the open.

    I think they increased his throwing speed so he can down people before they get to his weak areas (killer shack, high loops, etc) as a way to help him where he's weak. But it indirectly makes him a lot stronger out in the open again.

    I'll be trying these new changes soon to see. But I'm expecting a lot more DCs each game than I've already been getting.

    That's how killers work though. Some killers have powers that are good at loops, others have powers that are good in the open. Why is it a problem if he is strong in the open but weak at loops like shack? That's literally his intended design.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2417131#Comment_2417131

    That's how killers work though. Some killers have powers that are good at loops, others have powers that are good in the open. Why is it a problem if he is strong in the open but weak at loops like shack? That's literally his intended design.

    I don't think it's a problem, he definitely should still be countered at those loops and at this point it's one of his only counters in a 1v1 situation. But sometimes if the map was full of them, such as red forest, there's literally not much he can do — not even just be a m1 killer. I demonstrated this with my friend by just running forward around Dead Dawg Saloon, no windows or hugging the wall, and showed them how long it took Trickster to actually catch up to just get off one basic attack/use his knives effectively. No other killer struggles with that (i.e Trapper can place a trap, Huntress can land a hatchet, Plague can catch up a lot faster to basic attack and/or her sickness doesn't "decay" like Trickster, etc). If I'm not thinking of another killer that struggles like that to get a health state off on a survivor only running forward correct me if I'm wrong.

    But I think Trickster is far from overpowered or being the weakest. He's just a very black and white killer. He's either gonna shred the survivors a new one or he can't do anything in a map like red forest. He should be more of a grey area killer that can be more fun for both sides.