Are Spine Chill and Resilience Second Chance Perks?

When people say second chance perks, they usually mean Dead Hard, Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time, Soul Guard, Deliverance or Unbreakable.

But do Spine Chill/Resilience count as second chance perks too? Vault speed can cause Survivors to avoid hits and that probably happens at the frequency of some of the second chance perks just from the sheer number of vaults a Survivor makes in a game compared to the one-use nature of most of other perks.

https://clips.twitch.tv/VibrantTrustworthyFishCoolStoryBob-TyW4tSdocGZZ4eb4


Comments

  • I personally find Spine Chill as a waste of a perk slot when playing as survivor. There are better and more effective perks to choose. Same with Dead Hard and Decisive Strike. They don't stop the killer from getting you They just delay it.

  • @PhantomChimera said:

    I personally find Spine Chill as a waste of a perk slot when playing as survivor. There are better and more effective perks to choose. Same with Dead Hard and Decisive Strike. They don't stop the killer from getting you They just delay it.

    Spine chill is powerful perk and it help me a lot first no headphones second playing stealth killers kinda don't wanna deal with it aka wraith which is 8/10 matches etc I prefer having spine chill

  • Not at all. Second chance perks are anything that negates mistake the survivor made. So DH let's you evade a hit or dash to a pallet when you looped too long. Adrenaline gives you a free health state. BT gives you a temp health state for a risky unhook. Unbreakable gives you a free recovery after being downed. DS gives you a free escape if you get downed shortly after being unhooked and couldn't run the killer for even a few seconds. You get the idea.

  • Once I had a theory that a Leon had spine chill so I walked backwards all through badham preschool and when I got to the gen he was shocked as I 180 and decked him in the face

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    Not at all. Second chance perks are anything that negates mistake the survivor made. So DH let's you evade a hit or dash to a pallet when you looped too long. Adrenaline gives you a free health state. BT gives you a temp health state for a risky unhook. Unbreakable gives you a free recovery after being downed. DS gives you a free escape if you get downed shortly after being unhooked and couldn't run the killer for even a few seconds. You get the idea.

    So being extremely late on a vault isn't a mistake?

  • @PhantomChimera said:

    I personally find Spine Chill as a waste of a perk slot when playing as survivor. There are better and more effective perks to choose. Same with Dead Hard and Decisive Strike. They don't stop the killer from getting you They just delay it.

    After the Wraith buff, Spine Chill has become almost mandatory imo. I see so many wraiths now, and that extra few seconds to start running is usually the difference between making it to a pallet to avoid a hit or not.