The red and yellow bar.....!!!
I have this problem since I started playing this game and now it's time to ask...
Why when 2 or more people are working on a gen the gen has a red bar???
Red bar= debuff
Yellow bar= buff
Sooooo why the bar is red when the gen is being repaired faster???
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Something about efficiency.
You’ll need Prove Thyself to get the most of it.
If multiple people work on the same gen, then they're progress speed gets cut down by, I think it's 10% for each extra survivor on the gen.
Correct - 2 people on the gen are technically less efficient than those two people on different gens. There's a slight penalty to speed for every survivor on it so you don't go at full on quadruple speed when all four survivors are on the same gen. It goes very fast then, don't get me wrong, but not a full on quadruple speed.
The progress bar only shows your own buffs and debuffs. You, personally, get a debuff even if the gen is being repaired faster.
Yea I remember when they changed this- I didn’t like it at all and still don’t. I don’t need to know from the game’s TECHNICAL standpoint that MY progress for the gen is going slower, when in fact having two people on the same gen makes the repair go faster. Especially since perks like Thano and Dying Light exist. IMO it should go back to the yellow bar when two ppl are on a gen, and then when thano or dying light are in play, the bar is red regardless if it’s one or two ppl.
Of course I have accepted it and adapted over the years, but it’s a little thing that still irks me every now and again. Especially since killers are complaining of “gen rushing.” Give a visual incentive to stay on the same gen as opposed to the opposite.
The bars’ colour indicates your how your individual progress to the action your doing is affected.
When working together with others, the bar turns red, because your individual progress is slowed.
The bar color represents if YOU are repairing faster or slower than normal.
The speed at which the bar fills up represents the overall progression.
I dislike it too btw, i'd prefer it if the color represented the overall progression speed as well.
Proficiency Indicators indicate to Survivors how various effects from either their own or someone else's Add-ons, Perks, Offerings, etc. affect their performance at the interaction they are currently performing, by showing corresponding icons above the progress bar and colour the bar itself accordingly.
Unlike Status Effects, Proficiency Indicators are not inherently a buff (yellow) or a debuff (red) in effect, but can be either, indicated by the colour of the icon and the colour of the progress bar.
In general
Survivor working at 1 charge per second is white
Survivor working at less then 1 charge a second is red
And more is yellow
A survivor working with another survivor gets a 15% penalty so theh work at 0.85 charges a second. That means that together they have 1.7 charges a second and do the gen faster then 1 person would but you are individually slower.
I agree it is a bit confusing