Competition

Evil Dead: The Game, the 4v1 game has been delayed until next February because the devs are incorporating a single player mode so that new players aren't getting wrecked against players online while they learn how to play the game.

It's simply amazing that we haven't received anything like that in DBD in over 5 years. Not only is that a feature that is sorely needed, but it's a feature that is most often requested for. I truly hope that Evil Dead proves to be strong competitor for DBD because BHVR sorely needs the competition. Far too long have they enjoyed living on that hill alone. Hopefully this will be the very thing that will finally give BHVR the swift kick in the pants they need to start incorporating other features and other modes that players have long been asking for.

Comments

  • A lot of competition has come and gone, because it sucks. I'm guessing this is going to be another one.

  • Just add more on the spaghetti code to make it work lol

  • @Orion said:

    A lot of competition has come and gone, because it sucks. I'm guessing this is going to be another one.

    It's true that other competition has come and gone, but that's because they never found the right balance. To be honest, neither has Dead by Daylight, but it gets just enough right to make the game fun to play and keep gamers coming back.

    Hopefully Evil Dead can do just as well, if not better.

  • @Orion said:

    A lot of competition has come and gone, because it sucks. I'm guessing this is going to be another one.

    I sincerely hope, for the good of this game, that Evil Dead is good.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2412795#Comment_2412795

    I sincerely hope, for the good of this game, that Evil Dead is good.

    The fact that the publisher is giving them the extra time they need to incorporate more features is a good sign, since it shows that they have faith in the game turning a profit as delays require more funding. No doubt the brand alone will drive sales, but the only thing that's going to continue to make them money for the long term is positive feedback and word of mouth. So here's hoping.🤞

  • I cannot wait for the Evil Dead game. When i saw it was delayed I was bummed I'd have to wait longer BUT I'm happy they're not rushing out an unfinished product.

  • @bm33 said:

    I cannot wait for the Evil Dead game. When i saw it was delayed I was bummed I'd have to wait longer BUT I'm happy they're not rushing out an unfinished product.

    Precisely. These days I feel games are announced far earlier than they should be which makes news about delays that much harder, although in the end delays only to better serve the overall quality of a game. And the way that Evil Dead can trump dead by daylight is by incorporating highly requested features that BHVR has been resistant to make with gamers for years.