Non-Meta Killer Builds?

I'm looking to play games with moderately effective but unexpected builds.

A few times I've lost to a Killer and seeing the perk that made it possible made me do a double take and go ''Uwah? Well I GUESS that counts but who the hell runs that?' I want to channel that 'But why?' energy.

I've been running Trickster, Trapper, and Ghost-Face lately. So far I've tried running a Tinkerer/Dark Devotion build on Trickster because if I ignore the Lullaby hard enough maybe it won't exist at all. Additionally I've run a full exposure build on Ghost-Face because I want all of the OHKO with none of the effort of stalking.

Was thinking of running an end-game build on Trapper because after set up time I sure as ######### aren't getting any kills before all the gens are done anyways.

Does anyone have any ideas on what my options are for non common builds. I don't care if I depip, and the dumber the build the better.

I was watching a video recently that was suggesting that Pig doesn't need to run gen regression because she naturally has it in her kit, and should focus on weaker parks of her game like information. Maybe I can run all the gen control perks. Going against the grain I could try something like Like Thrilling, Thana, Pop and Ruin.

Comments

  • It's called "Nice Ded'ard"


    Whenever a survivor uses Dead Hard in a chase, you hear Tru3ta1ent's voice say "Nice Ded'ard"

  • There are a few options you could try to start with:

    "Nowhere to Hide": Nurses Calling, BBQ and Chili, Infectious Fright, Iron Maiden

    "Gen Disruptor": Corrupt Intervention, Thrilling Tremors, Dead Man's Switch, Eruption

    "Hemophobia": Thanatophobia, Hysteria, Blood Echo, Sloppy Butcher

  • My favorite Bubba build: Infectious, Deer Stalker, NOED, BBQ. Pretty versatile in sense you can choose your playstyle depending on the situation: it's good for slugging, nice for facecamping (thanks to NOED), and will do for normal play with BBQ. BBQ will also help you with bp's in case you have to slug/camp, and Infectious also protects you somewhat against flashlights and pallet saves.

  • Trapper. Play with your food, Nemesis, Iron Grasp, Agitation. Try to win with as few swings as possible. It’s a personal challenge. Usually use his glove and whatever bag I feel like.

    you’re a speed demon

    edit: I love knock out on ghost face for some reason.

  • At one point I did an exploding gens build... Surge, Oppression, Overcharge, and Eruption. That was a fun one.

  • There's another build you could try:

    "A Friend in Need is a Friend who Bleeds": Make Your Choice, Lightborn, Deathbound, Discordance

    For those who don't like survivors co-operating.

  • I run the Cotton Eye Joe build on Deathslinger, which does have tinkerer and dark devotion in combo with Bloodhound and whispers. But I don't think it can work well on trickster.

    He has no really strengths, so maybe go with the classical iron maiden/thana/nurses combo?

  • I did a stupid build the other day with Doctor. I actually got a DC and a 3K. My goal was to just damage gens for Tome lol

    Dragon's Grip

    Overcharge

    Oppression

    PGTW

    add in madness with double calm add ons and they were blowing skill checks left and right and becoming exposed after touching a gen i just kicked. This was on RCPD map too.

  • A few more that could be fun:

    "Creeping Dread": Hex: Devour Hope, Trail of Torment, Rancor, Remember Me

    "Look, but Don't Touch": Franklin's Demise, Hoarder, Overcharge, Surveillance

    "Just For You, but Your Friends can Watch": Save The Best For Last, Play With Your Food, Rancor, Blood Warden

    "Jab And Move": Unrelenting, Save The Best For Last, Coup de Grâce, Infectious Fright

  • My god you guys even name your builds that's so cute.

    Yesterday my end game trapper build got compliments from a swf. Apparently it genuinely got their heart racing because first no way out and remember me was in play, then as they were trying to escape blood warden proceed.

    So now they had 3 people with no way out, one person on hook, and me patrolling like a beast while they were trying to avoid me and my traps.

    They managed to go for the rescue while I was checking the unopened door. Then I beelined for them. Two got caught in a trap, one untapped them both, then they got snagged by another one right by the exit all the while I'm racing to them to beat their injured asses.

    I felt like a failure because I got no kills, but when they said they haven't felt so terrified in dbd before I felt so god damn good.