Just some killer Perks I've been thinking about.

I posted this in the creative area, but figured I'd get more feedback here.

Hex: Blackout: At the start of the trial this perk is not active. After 300/250/200 seconds if there is a dull totem this Hex is applied to it. For the rest of the trial or until this Hex is cleansed all survivors suffer the Oblivious status effect.

Backstab: You become Obsessed with a survivor. If one survivor heals your Obsession from the dying state, that survivor becomes Exposed and becomes your Obsession. There can only be one Obsession.

Hex: Insanity: All dull totems appear as Lit totems. Survivors that cleanse a dull totem will become Incapacitated for 15/20/30 seconds.

Comments

  • So would blackout in a way just be third seal but oblivious?

  • Blackout seems far too weak.

    Backstab seems pretty fair, would be best on stealth killers, but could just keep helping to encourage the whole "stay injured use dead hard" meta we've been in for ages.

    Insanity seems... Yeah nah I hate this

  • Blackout is just awful

    Backstab can see some use and is not a terrible perk

    Insanity can do good thing specially with other hex

  • Blackout could introduce a different type of effect that, when lit, gen repair speeds can be reduced. Maybe more a brown out than blackout, but it could be a good way to slow down the mid-game. I'm uncertain whether it'll be that strong in its current form, especially with so many oblivious perks and add-ons about.

    Backstab I like! Could cause people to think more carefully about helping a dying survivor so close to the killer, even if it just focuses on the obsession. Although, with the obsession being passed, this has potential for a domino effect.

    Insanity I also really like, as it could be a double-edged sword: With every totem lit, they'll be easier to spot or hear nearby, so totems could also be cleansed far more quickly. Yet it also can delay the trial progress. It's a bit of a crap-shoot, and could benefit either side.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    So would blackout in a way just be third seal but oblivious?

    I see it more as a mid-game perk as opposed to third seal which is early game. However, you are right, maybe it should just happen to all survivors regardless of how many hooks.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    Blackout could introduce a different type of effect that, when lit, gen repair speeds can be reduced. Maybe more a brown out than blackout, but it could be a good way to slow down the mid-game. I'm uncertain whether it'll be that strong in its current form, especially with so many oblivious perks and add-ons about.

    Backstab I like! Could cause people to think more carefully about helping a dying survivor so close to the killer, even if it just focuses on the obsession. Although, with the obsession being passed, this has potential for a domino effect.

    Insanity I also really like, as it could be a double-edged sword: With every totem lit, they'll be easier to spot or hear nearby, so totems could also be cleansed far more quickly. Yet it also can delay the trial progress. It's a bit of a crap-shoot, and could benefit either side.

    For Blackout I wanted something that took away survivor information at around the mid-game point. Third Seal being a thing means blindness would just be redundant. I didn't want it to do anything with generator speeds because inevitably it would draw comparisons with "old ruin" and just be called "old ruin but worse" If I were to change it to something else, I'd make it lit from the start, then after a certain amount of time and it hasn't been cleansed, it blocks all unfinished generators for maybe 60 seconds, then if it is cleansed it ends or if the time ends it becomes a dull totem. However in its current form, maybe taking away the hook requirement would make it better.

    Backstab is supposed to be a perk that gives the killer a feeling like the Obsession is working for you. They stab their savior in the back and make them Exposed. Admittedly, the Obsession change is a personal choice because I like that mechanic, but it would also allow for multiple uses and back it so you don't have to keep slugging the Obsession. I do see what you mean about a domino effect and it could lead the entire team to be slugged. Maybe slap on a cooldown of 60 seconds so it can't be abused.

    You basically nailed it with Insanity. Its supposed to invoke a feeling of paranoia. "Is that a lit totem? Maybe its Ruin or Devour Hope or Haunted Grounds? I'll just check really quick then hop back on this generator. Oh crap, no I can't. Darn you Insanity!" It definitely isn't a perk you want to run with more than one other hex if you want to get good use out of it.