My Thoughts on Springtrap in DBD

Since we are all having this discussion now and the community seems very divided on it I figured I’d give my thoughts on it

First thing I’d like to mention is yes I would like to see springtrap in dbd. I think he fits the games theme and I think fnaf is a popular enough horror franchise to be in DBD. What I wouldn’t like however is for there to be a whole chapter based around it. This is for 2 reasons firstly I don’t want another terrible indoor map and secondly there aren’t any good survivor candidates from the franchise.

Second thing I want to talk about is how springtrap “wouldn’t fit in dbd”. I just don’t see how this is true. Springtrap as a character definitely fits DBD’s darker tone and his appearance isn’t really childish (especially if you see some of fnaf 3’s hidden screens). Even if he was we have killers like clown or trickster who dress up in somewhat childish or colourful outfits so does that mean clown or trickster don’t fit in dbd?

As for his power we are kinda forgetting the powers they’ve made before. Myers is kinda just a man with a knife who stalks people and same with Ghostface yet they made very fun powers out of those characters. Fnaf is a franchise that spams 6 main games so they definitely have a lot to work with in terms of powers and perks.

I just think a lot of people are either misinformed about Fnaf or just simply don’t want it in the game because of the community (which admittedly is pretty bad but that’s not a problem with the games or characters themselves)

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @DelsKibara said:

    Just. Stop.

    I'm so tired of these threads being brought up. I don't care what the content of the thread is, it's just getting really irritating and annoying seeing it OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

    Just skip threads like these if you don't like it. How hard is that to do?

  • Nope. The person I quoted said it was annoying and irritating. Why go into threads that bother you so much? I skip threads I dislike.. 🤷‍♂️

  • I am just going to step in here real quick. Its ok for people to be excited and speculate about things and wonder whether or not it would fit in the realm of the game, and this character in particular has been a favorite one of many to discuss for quite some time. If you do not have interest in the topic of a thread, there are many other threads to participate in of varied topics, as well as polls, cool stuff over in Media Lounge and Creations, and random stuff over in Off-Topic to talk about.

    No matter your opinion on the topic, all that is asked is that you remain civil and respectful with others and their opinions while doing so. Also, remember to keep the discussion on topic, please.

  • @EQWashu said:

    I am just going to step in here real quick. Its ok for people to be excited and speculate about things and wonder whether or not it would fit in the realm of the game, and this character in particular has been a favorite one of many to discuss for quite some time. If you do not have interest in the topic of a thread, there are many other threads to participate in of varied topics, as well as polls, cool stuff over in Media Lounge and Creations, and random stuff over in Off-Topic to talk about.

    No matter your opinion on the topic, all that is asked is that you remain civil and respectful with others and their opinions while doing so. Also, remember to keep the discussion on topic, please.

    This was much needed, thank you for jumping in and calming the crowd down.


    Anyways, what do you think about Springtrap?

  • @EQWashu said:

    I am just going to step in here real quick. Its ok for people to be excited and speculate about things and wonder whether or not it would fit in the realm of the game, and this character in particular has been a favorite one of many to discuss for quite some time. If you do not have interest in the topic of a thread, there are many other threads to participate in of varied topics, as well as polls, cool stuff over in Media Lounge and Creations, and random stuff over in Off-Topic to talk about.

    No matter your opinion on the topic, all that is asked is that you remain civil and respectful with others and their opinions while doing so. Also, remember to keep the discussion on topic, please.

    Any chance of merging them since so many have been made in last couple days? The multiple posts are really what starts to frustrate people because it starts clogging up the pages.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410423#Comment_2410423

    Any chance of merging them since so many have been made in last couple days? The multiple posts are really what starts to frustrate people because it starts clogging up the pages.

    Some threads are locked and no longer able to be commented on, but if the need arises in the future, we will look into doing so.

    @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410423#Comment_2410423

    This was much needed, thank you for jumping in and calming the crowd down.

    Anyways, what do you think about Springtrap?

    I'm afraid my familiarity with the character is a bit limited (only played FNAF 1 many years back), but I always enjoy hearing people's ideas for the game (whether its any kind of character including popular characters, their ideas for random perks, events, cool thoughts for maps, etc)!

  • @EQWashu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410432#Comment_2410432

    Some threads are locked and no longer able to be commented on, but if the need arises in the future, we will look into doing so.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410429#Comment_2410429

    I'm afraid my familiarity with the character is a bit limited (only played FNAF 1 many years back), but I always enjoy hearing people's ideas for the game (whether its any kind of character including popular characters, their ideas for random perks, events, cool thoughts for maps, etc)!

    Thank you for considering merging the repetitive posts in future. Other suggestion would be a chapter request/prediction section for those types of posts but figured merging posts is easier. 😁

  • I had no clue who Springtrap was - I have never played FNaF. I did watch a few streams on it for a little bit.

    As for bringing Springtrap to DBD - Meh. If that were a DLC for DBD - it would be the first one I do not own. I would simply buy the survivor and not the DLC as it does not look like a killer I would want to even try. I honestly don't think that the next chapter will be a licensed character - call it a hunch.

    I would rather see an old school "monster" such as a Werewolf, Dracula, or Frankenstein. If I had my wish for a licensed character it would be either Pinhead or a Xenomorph.

  • @EQWashu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410432#Comment_2410432

    Some threads are locked and no longer able to be commented on, but if the need arises in the future, we will look into doing so.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2410429#Comment_2410429

    I'm afraid my familiarity with the character is a bit limited (only played FNAF 1 many years back), but I always enjoy hearing people's ideas for the game (whether its any kind of character including popular characters, their ideas for random perks, events, cool thoughts for maps, etc)!

    That's great to hear (that you're at least familiar with the game), I played pretty much the whole series because I'm a huge fan of horror genre. Dead by Daylight is kinda like a Mashup of all horror, having another iconic character would make DBD more diverse and attractive to more players. Hopefully, if it ever happens, the developers should add Springtrap from FNAF — that would be so cool!

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Since we are all having this discussion now and the community seems very divided on it I figured I’d give my thoughts on it

    First thing I’d like to mention is yes I would like to see springtrap in dbd. I think he fits the games theme and I think fnaf is a popular enough horror franchise to be in DBD. What I wouldn’t like however is for there to be a whole chapter based around it. This is for 2 reasons firstly I don’t want another terrible indoor map and secondly there aren’t any good survivor candidates from the franchise.

    Second thing I want to talk about is how springtrap “wouldn’t fit in dbd”. I just don’t see how this is true. Springtrap as a character definitely fits DBD’s darker tone and his appearance isn’t really childish (especially if you see some of fnaf 3’s hidden screens). Even if he was we have killers like clown or trickster who dress up in somewhat childish or colourful outfits so does that mean clown or trickster don’t fit in dbd?

    As for his power we are kinda forgetting the powers they’ve made before. Myers is kinda just a man with a knife who stalks people and same with Ghostface yet they made very fun powers out of those characters. Fnaf is a franchise that spams 6 main games so they definitely have a lot to work with in terms of powers and perks.

    I just think a lot of people are either misinformed about Fnaf or just simply don’t want it in the game because of the community (which admittedly is pretty bad but that’s not a problem with the games or characters themselves)

    I dont really see the issue with indoor maps, certain killers are terrible on indoor maps, but other killers are great on it. Then compare them to open map, and killers that thrive on indoor maps suddenly become quite terrible and killers that are terrible on indoor maps suddenly become quite good. Indoor maps arent the problem as chases on both sides are pretty similar anyway. It's the lack of patrolability that makes indoor maps a bit hard. My point is, people hate on indoor maps because popular players who tend to play killers who thrive on open maps call indoor maps terrible. RPD is as problematic for killers as Shelter Woods is for survivors.

    And yeah, I agree, you can make any power sound lame, that doesnt mean they are actually bad powers. Trickster had a bit of an issue where he couldnt really use Main Event well, and 8 knives basekit was slightly too much for a chase to end. I actually think 7 blade trickster basekit with a main event buff would have been perfect. I think 6 blade trickster is a bit too oppressive considering he can bypass things like BT and DS as a basekit(sure, DS is a 5 second stun, but he actually can down you again from a distance before you can reach a loop. Even Bubba needs to catch up with DS). Essentially, none of the killers bypass both DS and BT, they have to wait out or eat at least one of them. Having a killer that can bypass both is a bit problematic. PH used to be able to bypass both by camping the cages, and they nerfed that because it was too powerful. I think Trickster might even be re-adjusted within 3 months where he would be more like Plague, giving survivors a 3 second invulnerability to be hit by projectiles after a damage state is dealt. People constantly downplay abilities they dont like because it's either a skill they dont like to develop themselves(sure, go ahead, there is 24 killers, you dont NEED to play all of them, nor are you expected to play them well), or because it requires a strategy they dont think is good, because such strategies arent good on killers they already play.

    So yeah, some killer mains will always be hating, because they dont want to learn any killer that requires them to think outside of the box. They just want killers that are powerful in 1v1 AND in 1v4 and then claim all survivors who cant keep up are bad, even though the only way for survivors to keep up with killers like that is near perfect communications(and guess which players also tend to complain that 3rd party comms is cheating? Cant have it both).

  • Springtrap would be a great fit, and they don't deserve the negativity they get upon being brought up in relation to dbd.

    It's understandable to dislike the idea because of the amount of times it's brought up, or personal experiences with it's fanbase, but you can't really deny it's popularity and impact it had. Too many people dismiss the games because "big youtuber played it and kids like it", when the actual games are good all things considered.

    If someone dislikes FNAF and doesn't want it in dbd, that's fair, everyone has likes and dislikes. Just don't try and gatekeep, and if you're gonna disagree, be respectful at least.

  • @Mr_Madness said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2409630#Comment_2409630

    I can tell this is just gonna be the "Slenderman in Dead by Daylight" Discussion all over it again with back and forth comments, so just gonna make a final statement and move on cause not gonna get involved with this again.

    I also include everyone that mentions Candyman in any discussion of who the next killer is going to be. Even though there is not many discussions about Candyman as much as Springtrap there is just as many comments about Candyman that matches the amount of discussions about Springtrap.

    Springtrap might have fake hype but Candyman also has the same thought of "It's gonna be him this time".

    Also I am not trying to "Both sides" IT IS both sides due to same amount of spam both of them get.

    Candyman is just gonna keep being mentioned until he is ingame just like Springtrap so no point on arguing about it on "Who has the real Hype"

    That's my statement and leaving at that.

    Well, let me say this: I care for about Springtrap or Candyman being in DBD or not (i never played FnaF, and while i saw the first Candyman movie, i really didn´t think of it as iconic). However, the threads and posts i see about Candyman are in no way near the amount of threads i see for springtrap, which get so annoying that i dont want him in the game because of the picture i get about his supporters, and thus, indirectly, springtrap.

    And thats the statement and perception of someone not really involved in the discussion, unlike you.

1 2 ›