Are the survivors the opposite to the Killer lore wise?
I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but do you think the survivors are the opposite personality wise to the killers? For example, Kate Denison has loving supportive parents and literally didn’t enter competitions because she got sad when others lost to her, while the Clown has abusive parents and tortured everyone. Another example is Sdam being a teacher and the Spirit being the Student. Tell me what you think and I’ll try to clear up everything in the comments! Thanks for reading
Comments
Another example is the Nurse being so hard working that she snapped and killed everyone while Nea is a “ Rebel “ and has no responsibilities at all. Also I can’t spell for some reason
I think the ones that are opposites are coincidental. I mean, the Huntress and David aren't similar, but they aren't opposites either. The original three killers and four survivors aren't exactly opposites either.
2. Nurse and Nea - Responsibilty
3. Clown and Kate - Both are entertainers with different upbringings.
4. Doctor and Feng - ?
5. Huntress and David - Almost complete opposites in virtually every way. David has a rich family in an urban country, and fights for his pleasure and reputation
Huntress lives poorly in the woods, worries about starvation and fights just to survive.
The huntress and David are both large, violent people. And the clown and Kate are both entertainers. Like I said, they're different, but not complete opposites.
Wow guys! Thanks for all the comments, I didn’t realise the forums were so active!
Feng and the Doc are connected because the Doc was very career oriented and sacrificed others for his career while Feng sacrificed her sanity and self for her career. Hope this helps! Really appreciate you guys pointing out stuff I didn’t realise.
The Trapper was a strong leader while Dwight is...... Dwight. Meg loved her mother dearly and was a very free and active child was Bill boi was locked up and abused. The Wraith was an immigrant and didnt have many options money wise and was broken when he found out he was killing people at his job while Jake lived a life of luxury and just peaced out in the woods with his giant pile of cash
But who says that those killers are directly linked to those specific survivors? What if the Trapper and Jake are linked? They aren't exactly opposites. And Dwight is considered the leader of the group, so technically that's something they have in common.
Well yeah, that’s the problemo with having 4 base survivors and 3 killers. It’s kinda mix and match ya know. And I suppose you could link the Trappers adoration for his dad with Meg’s absent father and adoration for her mother too or Jakes wanting to be the opposite of his father while the Trapper wants to be just like him when he grows up!. Appreciate you for commenting notheless!
I don't believe they are.
Could ya..... be a lil more specific here? Or do you just mean there’s mean info disproving this?
There's a real life Asian doctor who used electroshock therapy on his patients to help treat internet addiction. Some say he is an inspiration on The Doctor in the game. As for Feng Min, she's heavy into competitive computer game playing so..
T> @fisher8257 said:
Ace is all about luck, while the Hag is about bad luck (=cursing people).
Feng is "mad" in a way because she escapes into video games and loses the grip of reality I also think that she is a "parody" of online gamers and the internet community in general because the quotation of the perk Lithe literally reads "U mad?" (= Trolling).
I like that ying/yang connection.
The Doctor spent years perfecting his medical....yes medical career and Feng Min dropped out of school and became a professional gamer.
Jake lives in the woods secluded in nature away from his rich parents while Wraith was poor and desperate and got a job crushing cars in a city.
Meg is all about running and sports while Trapper is all about getting you to stop goddamn it!
No I do not believe that they are meant to represent opposites and I honestly just believe its way to simple to focus/point out traits that conflict with one another.
Maybe the opposite survivor is supposed to directly conflict with there opposite killer? Maybe at the start the devs thought that the survivor related to the killer could be the most effective against them, but then gave up on the idea but kept the lore they had made? Who knows...