Fair way to show the killer who's on "Death Hook"

I like to occasionally just hook everyone twice and let them go; especially during Blood Hunt events. Sometimes survivors are immediately sacrificed when I hook then a second time because I wasn't staring at their sacrifice progress when they were unhooked.

Telling the killer how many times each survivor has been hooked and/or who's on "death hook" promotes tunneling and would be more trouble than it's worth. Considering this, I think a fair compromise is to tell the killer that a survivor is on "death hook" only when the killer picks them up and carries them.

The game's not telling the killer who to tunnel, and if that survivor is being carried to their death anyway, then at least the killer is notified and can react accordingly:

  • Drop them
  • Let them wiggle free
  • Take them to the nearby basement to prevent a hook from being destroyed
  • Use a mori which they forgot about (and somehow missed the prompt for) to kill them by their own hand

Comments

  • @Nos37 said:

    I like to occasionally just hook everyone twice and let them go; especially during events like these. Sometimes survivors are immediately sacrificed when I hook then a second time because I wasn't staring at their sacrifice progress when they were unhooked.

    Telling the killer how many times each survivor has been hooked and/or who's on "death hook" promotes tunneling and would be more trouble than it's worth. Considering this, I think a fair compromise is to tell the killer that a survivor is on "death hook" only when the killer picks them up and carries them.

    The game's not telling the killer who to tunnel, and if that survivor is being carried to their death anyway, then at least the killer is notified and can react accordingly:

    • Drop them
    • Let them wiggle free
    • Take them to the nearby basement to prevent a hook from being destroyed
    • Use a mori which they forgot about (and somehow missed the prompt for) to kill them by their own hand

    Yeah, I don't get why killer don't see number of hooks same as survivor.

    I mean, when someone wants to tunnel he doesn't really need to count, so this doesn't change anything.

    I will gladly play with them and don't kill on 4 gens left, but when I switch targets a lot or they have same skins, then I just don't remember who is on dead hook and I killed lot of survivors by accident.

  • This seems like a good compromise. Maybe something like a red skull that fades in and out over their portrait while being carried?

  • @Seraphor said:

    This seems like a good compromise. Maybe something like a red skull that fades in and out over their portrait while being carried?

    Yes, and maybe play a short sound too

  • @Seraphor said:

    This seems like a good compromise. Maybe something like a red skull that fades in and out over their portrait while being carried?

    Actually nice QoL for killers honestly.