I feel like Old Trickster with the 7 Hit Add On is by far better that this "buffed" Trickster

I had my fair share of playing Trickster before the patch and playing this "Buffed" Trickster. I really feel like Old Trickster with the Old Melodious Murder Add On feels stronger and much better to play.

Is it just me? The Survivors I go up against just doesn't go into a straight line, they wiggle while holding W making you miss like at least 25% of your knives. The good ones will force you to M1. I did not feel forced to M1 Survivors on old trickster!

Comments

  • Honestly?

    First of all, you need to learn how to hit knifes. Then you can complain about trickster.

  • Starting off or finishing with an m1 attack is a good strat to playing Trickster even before the changes. Sometimes people get too wrapped up in needing to use his power to get a down. If you know the survivor or loop is an easy m1 mindgame and/or they're up in your face I would personally just go for an m1 and conserve your knives for the next chase. This is especially important since they nerfed his knife amount. But yeah, overall I think he feels a little bit less smooth to play since his changes but still fun nonetheless :)

  • @legacycolt said:

    Honestly?

    First of all, you need to learn how to hit knifes. Then you can complain about trickster.

    I'm one the few people here that endorsed Trickster as a viable Killer on Red Rank on launch... I think I can complain however I like with him.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/239695/so-i-made-trickster-work-in-red-ranks#latest

    @D3spair said:

    I just wanna share some results of my games and I kid you not that I now average in at least 2 Kills or 6 hooks for Trial and now I have a 4K streak on Trickster after playing like 25 games where in the early games I got about 1 or 2 hooks max and an easy depip and this was about the time I made my "I feel scammed" post if you guys check my profile.

    Now these are some of the results after getting experience and possibly getting good with him.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZHPFM5EWDJA9/t4k5.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BB531SO9ELYX/t4k2.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/3SPAEAUYW2ZC/t4k1.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2EKRWXYMWIDP/t4k2.png

    First I wanna address something, I admit he is on the weaker side but he really is fun on the right circumstances.

    The main strategy I use is playing him as a M1 110%ms Killer as lame as that sounds but it works. This Strat needs you at least to be good on minigames and predicting how the survivor would react. Now the main two perks that carry me in trials are "Monitor and Abuse" and "Save the Best for Last", IMO you need these 2 perks to win with him.

    With "Monitor and Abuse" Trickster's Terror Radius will become 16 meters, this TR can actually make him a Stealth Killer that results in Free Hits most of the time if you play stealthily as move out of line sight to the Generator.

    With "Save the Best for Last" STBFL on him is actually pretty good as you can just use your power on the Obsession keeping a permanent 8 Stack which is pretty scary as a Survivor.

    For the gameplay, I mainly focus on the jump of Survivors as 16 Meters is a small TR, I'm reiterating that getting Free hits will be common with M and A

    https://gfycat.com/coordinatedoffbeatiggypops-dead-by-daylight

    For STBFL, It is so easy to get 8 stack as you can just get the drop of the obsession and bombard them with Knives. If they're not an Obsession then play it like a M1 Killer with super recovery, that recovery can make it so that you can just bombard the survivor with Knives after the Attack Cooldownn, This either makes it that you down them with knives(if they're in the open) or they will be forced to take cover in nearest loop where you can smack them again or stick 8 Knives again.

    https://gfycat.com/hatefulfixedbedbug-dead-by-daylight

    For your "Main Event" I recommend that you don't use it if it's not necessary as the maximum thing it can do is injure a Survivor Twice but the worth thing it can do is let the Survivor Shift + W yo the nearest Loop as the Start time is pretty long and the Cooldown of not getting to throw knives hurts very much. This power can sabotage your game game rather that help you. BUT if a survivor is in the middle of nowhere and you're pretty sure that you can down them with 2 injures then go for it.

    https://gfycat.com/uniformwavycowbird-dead-by-daylight

    If I encounter someone on a Strong Loop, A Good Looper or BS Map Rng, I'll just Leave them and find other survivor to ambush, you'll get another chance at injuring them in a worse loop or better yet get a free hit!

    Now these are all the advice I can give for those who want to try trickster but are scared by the Community because right now it's a common thing to associate Trickster with Depipping easily. Remember you're a Killer, Screw those Survivors, It's not in the Eula/Terms that Camping, Tunneling or Slugging is Bannable or you can't do it. Burn the Survivor Rule book or Use it as Toilet Paper, Do what you got to do to get the 4K.

    I'm just scared that me getting 4Ks and other high Skill Players with Trickster would give BHVR the DAta that he needs a nerf rather that a buff lol, Anyone in BHVR please buff him, he still needs it.


  • He definitely doesn't "feel" as fun to play. That, to me, is the difference between whether or not I actually seek out playing as that killer. It just feels like such a slog every time. I either run out of knives mid-chase or I just resort to being an M1 killer which doesn't feel like the way he was intended to be played as. You have also earned your complaining rights, I commend you.