Remove Pallet Rollback (For Now)

Until it's fixed in full, pallet rollback needs to be completely hotfixed out of the game. I've seen clips where:

  • Killer hits Survivor with an attack but it won't register despite the sound being made (this isn't considered a bug somehow).
  • Killer is in another room when a pallet is thrown down on them and stuns them while carrying a Survivor (likely due to server side showing that the Killer isn't where they see themselves at).
  • Killer tries to grab, ends up breaking pallet instead with their Power, where applicable. Same applies to other grabs, too.

The old system worked fine before this. Now the system is nothing but absolutely dreadful and makes me feel as if Killers are being punished for making the correct decisions or outplaying their opponents.

So until it's fixed and actually properly tested, it needs to be removed outright.

Also pallet slam hitboxes should be considerably reduced because they hit you at ludicrous ranges and angles.

Comments

  • Same goes for survivors with higher pings than killer. I am playing at 70 ping range and I get destroyed by 30- 40 pings on both sides. As killer I get stunned and get the hit sound but no hit. As survivor I reach pallet long before killer yet still get hit before I drop. It is so annoying to not knowing if you get the hit or not.

  • I disagree on all fronts. I think that the change to the hitboxes are very fair. Now there may be bugs and those should be looked at and fixed, but bugs do not warrant a roll back. It's not like they rolled back Nemesis when Dead Hard was bugged and I didn't see you making a post in the forums back then.

  • @konchok said:

    I disagree on all fronts. I think that the change to the hitboxes are very fair. Now there may be bugs and those should be looked at and fixed, but bugs do not warrant a roll back. It's not like they rolled back Nemesis when Dead Hard was bugged and I didn't see you making a post in the forums back then.

    Dead Hard's always broken in one patch or another, that's nothing new.

    Plus it was never brought to my attention that it was bugged (or bugged even worse) in the 5.0.0 update. If I had known, I would've made a post, but I never saw what was bugged about it.

  • I just had an occasion when I was picking up a survivor under a pallet, and a teammate dropped the pallet on me,... but nothing happened. no stun, no saved teammate...i mean i was right dab in the middle of pallet

  • @PsychoTron said:

    I just had an occasion when I was picking up a survivor under a pallet, and a teammate dropped the pallet on me,... but nothing happened. no stun, no saved teammate...i mean i was right dab in the middle of pallet

    If they dropped the pallet too early, the killer would still be locked in the pick-up animation, which can't be canceled. That's intended.

    I think they still get stun points maybe.