Do you need a mouse & keyboard to be a really good Oni?

I used to main him and then I stopped to main Trapper, but I was watching an Oni streamer & she kept flicking his kanabo while she was charging at loops & whatnot to get downs on people. I tried doing it but I just couldn't get it right. I want to main the most attractive killer in the game, but am I being limited because I don't use a mouse & keyboard?

Comments

  • @CornHub said:

    I used to main him and then I stopped to main Trapper, but I was watching an Oni streamer & she kept flicking his kanabo while she was charging at loops & whatnot to get downs on people. I tried doing it but I just couldn't get it right. I want to main the most attractive killer in the game, but am I being limited because I don't use a mouse & keyboard?

    controller does have a limited control scheme for precision and speed in exchange for smoothness of movement, we can only move in 8 directions but you can move in any direction within 360° of motion, you aren't limited you just need to learn how to use your advantages you have rather than the ones you don't

  • You can still flick 90° at loops with controller just fine. He's actually one of the few killers with special attacks that the devs did a good job on how it plays on console.

  • @GrimoireWeiss said:

    You can still flick 90° at loops with controller just fine. He's actually one of the few killers with special attacks that the devs did a good job on how it plays on console.

    If I can recall at first oni was pretty unplayable on console

  • Oni can do some absurd things with a high DPI mouse. I've managed near full 180s on the flick

  • onis a bit limited if youre not willing to manhandle your sticks, some of those tight flick shots are really demanding to pull off that pc can do easily. i play him anyway with decent success.

  • If you want easier flicks, may haps, but I do with a controller and it feels perfectly fine for me.

    I slightly struggle at some flicks, but I can nail some others

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2383121#Comment_2383121

    If I can recall at first oni was pretty unplayable on console

    I don't think that had as much to do with controllers as it did with him being mega nerfed post-ptb. They limited his flick to about 30° or something like that, then buffed it to 90° later on.

  • In my experience playing with both M&K and controller, the only killers you are limited by are the ones with ranged components. Deathslinger, Huntress, Nurse, Plague, Twins, Trickster, and to an extent Demogorgon. And to be perfectly honest, Deathslinger, Huntress, Demo and Nurse still have the same functionality, they're just a lot harder. Which makes me rather amused that all the best Deathslinger's I've faced have been on console.

  • @CornHub said:

    I used to main him and then I stopped to main Trapper, but I was watching an Oni streamer & she kept flicking his kanabo while she was charging at loops & whatnot to get downs on people. I tried doing it but I just couldn't get it right. I want to main the most attractive killer in the game, but am I being limited because I don't use a mouse & keyboard?

    Yes. 180 Flicks are neccesary if you get to higher ranks. 180 Flicks are not possible on Controller.