Doesn't Victor still ignore Dead Hard?

I just want to know if this is still a thing, because I have people telling me I'm wrong, when I've experienced it myself from both sides. I don't know exactly why it works, something along the lines of Dead Hard being active for less frames than Victor's pounce, but as far as I know that hasn't been changed. Does anybody have a statement from the devs on this, or can agree with what I've said?

Comments

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    I just want to know if this is still a thing, because I have people telling me I'm wrong, when I've experienced it myself from both sides. I don't know exactly why it works, something along the lines of Dead Hard being active for less frames than Victor's pounce, but as far as I know that hasn't been changed. Does anybody have a statement from the devs on this, or can agree with what I've said?

    Victors collision box is considered a projectile rather than a killer, this means he moves through a survivor who is dead harding and as a result if poorly timed it's possible for your I frames to end with victor inside your hitbox causing him to hit you

  • Victor has never ignored Dead Hard, people just use it wrong. He moves slow enough that a poorly timed and aimed Dead Hard isn't long enough for him to pass through, but going to the side or timing it better is still a free escape.

  • Sort of? I used to main the twins, still play them pretty often from time to time. Viktor can "ignore" dead hards if they're timed improperly, he works a bit like a hatchet but slightly differently. His traveltime through the air is relatively slow compared to the other projectiles in the game, and he collides with survivors mid pounce. This means if you dead hard only at the beginning of his pounce, he'll collide with you throughout the entiriety of your dead hard then hit you when it ends. To avoid this just dead hard to the left or right, dead harding straight is a guranteed way to get viktor'd

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Victor has never ignored Dead Hard, people just use it wrong. He moves slow enough that a poorly timed and aimed Dead Hard isn't long enough for him to pass through, but going to the side or timing it better is still a free escape.

    But how is it poorly timed if you do it exactly before he's about to hit you? You literally can't time it better than that.