Carrying a survivor yet not carrying one?

I was playing as the Pig and caught a survivor as they were attempting to climb through a window yet apparently I didn't catch them.

From my perspective as killer I was carrying them. I couldn't put them down as the button to do so did nothing nor could I hook them.

I could hear them making sounds such as repairing generators and grunting but could not see that one survivor at first. The other survivors hit me with a couple of pallets hitting me however not resolving the issue. Towards the end of the match once the exit gates were open I found the survivor floating in the air near one of the exit gates as if they were being carried. The animation would change occasionally to them healing and then to them back being carried however they didn't move from where I found them during end game.

The survivor status display on the game screen as well as the after match screen showed they escaped along with the other survivors so I am guessing that it was only on my end and the survivor had everything normal on there end.

None of the survivors responded when I inquired about it at the end however they possibly don't watch end game chat. I know I don't watch it very often,

So any ideas what happened because it was weird?

Comments

  • Eh, I rarely like to just randomly scream "hacker," but there are all sorts of weird cheats in this game. Then again, there are also some pretty extensive bugs.

  • Either one hell of a bug or a hacker.

  • Probably a bug. I've had some weird stuff happen in this game.

    The weirdest one was where a Trapper picked me up and I was permanently stuck on his shoulder.

    He even went around the entire gaming carrying and picked up other survivors and hung them on hooks while I was still on him.

    When I was the last one left we couldn't finish the game and he just DC'd.

  • It’s probably a bug. I’ve had it happen to me a while back.

  • I’ve had the issue when I was playing Myers and pulled a survivor from a locker. I was stuck in the carrying animation. I could not do anything except swing my knife. Funny thing was, I could hear whst the survivor heard from their perspective so knew if they were close to a gen being worked on or cleansing.

  • Yes same bug happened on my game too. And this survivor (i catch on windows) was invisible all game. Because i was seem like carrying her. And i heard her all game. Breaking pallets, palet stuns, vaulting windows did not worked after bug.

  • I found an old screenshot where Myers got stuck in the carrying animation.

    It was hilarious.

    image.png

    "Hey Claudette, look at my muscles! Wanna go out with me?"

  • There is screenshot for this bug. It was really annoying. It happened to me early game.


    20210724021832_1.jpg


  • This is a bug. I have encountered this bug with my son about a month or two ago. We both play on PS5s.

    We had a match on the Temple of Purgation. He was downed by the clown, and it looked like the killer picked up an invisible body and was carrying that around for the rest of the match. From my son's point of view he was locked in from the killer's shoulder point of view. Other than being invisible he didn't realize that he wasn't actually on the killer's shoulder until somebody healed him. At that point he could play as normal, except he could not see his character. His point of view never changed from the killer's shoulder.

    If it weren't for the fact that he could see his character on my screen he would not have been able to do anything.