Yet another thought experiment...
Disclaimer: I don't think this should be in the game. This is just for fun and shouldn't be taken seriously. Embrace the chaos and don't let the reality of the game slow down your creativity.
How would a game go where survivors were in first person and killers in third person?
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
A nightmare
A stomping of Entity proportions by the kiĺler.
Nope nope Nope
Killers are finally the power role, Survivors would beg for Shadowborn to be basekit (as it's now a general survivor perk, obviously), Trap killers would be buffed a lot (as survivors can't see a Snare on the opposite side of the wall for example), and worse yet finding stuff is hard and the Generators move around so survivors can't even reliably track gens.
It'd be a ######### horror game that's for sure.
Just for the Survivors this time, not the Killers.
I think at an early stage in development, this was considered but balanced poorly. Besides, if you think about it: the killer's the predator, and like most predators the eyes are facing forwards, and the prey often have eyes at the side of their head, thereby enabling a bigger field view.
If this were a thing, a survivor at red rank should be worshipped as a God! :D
I have no problem with that if surv move at 115% speed and killers at 100%
I would enjoy a universal first person mode as a like, side mode, but the game becomes rapidly unplayable if you are in first person as a survivor. Can't look around, can't look behind you while running, etc. You'd have to get real intuition about the killer's movements, which is faulty information at best.
Death.
I feel like first person horror has been doing a lot better than third person horror of old. More immersive.
A lot harder. One of the many reasons I almost exclusively play survivor is that some thing about first person mode makes me feel a little nauseous.