Pustules becoming a permanent objective?

I'm worried that they will keep these in the game as a farming mechanic for cosmetics or currency. It definitely tilts the game time more in the killers favor so it works for both sides in that regard.

Comments

  • How does it work for BOTH sides in that regard...?
  • No, they're going away at the end of the event.
  • How does it work for BOTH sides in that regard...?
    We kill. You die. Lolz
  • @SleepyWillo said:
    How does it work for BOTH sides in that regard...?

    that it slows game time down, killers complain about gen rushing and survivors run out of things to do. Essentially there should be no problem is survivor gen rush THEN do the pustules instead of teabagging the exit gates.

  • @akbays35 said:
    I'm worried that they will keep these in the game as a farming mechanic for cosmetics or currency. It definitely tilts the game time more in the killers favor so it works for both sides in that regard.

    They go away at the end of the event. But, I would not be surprised if BHVR is using this event as a test for possible secondary objectives at a later date.

  • Wait... you complain about an alternative way to obtain skins?

  •  akbays35 said:

    @SleepyWillo said:
    How does it work for BOTH sides in that regard...?

    that it slows game time down, killers complain about gen rushing and survivors run out of things to do. Essentially there should be no problem is survivor gen rush THEN do the pustules instead of teabagging the exit gates.

    That'd be even worse if survivors had reason to stay after the gates were opened! 

    As for giving survivors other objectives? M1 simulator is still M1 simulator. 
  • Would like to see postules turned into fuel tanks, can siphon gas to use on locked doors, that unlock areas.  
  • Terrortot said:
    Would like to see postules turned into fuel tanks, can siphon gas to use on locked doors, that unlock areas.  
    That seems pretty interesting to me. Provided you're not trapping the survivors in a small room with me until other room doors are opened to do gens. Because then I'm going Myers and murdering them all at the start of that match lol
  • @Tsulan said:
    Wait... you complain about an alternative way to obtain skins?

    I complain about how they implemented it and why. Survivors are being catfished into a grinding sidequest whereas killers have to do the same thing they always did. Also as a survivor main, the skins are mediocre and the killers got pretty good skins for them.

  • They already said they are interested on the idea of alternative/secondary objectives. The event wont stay, but we will eventually get something like that.
  • @akbays35 said:

    @Tsulan said:
    Wait... you complain about an alternative way to obtain skins?

    I complain about how they implemented it and why. Survivors are being catfished into a grinding sidequest whereas killers have to do the same thing they always did. Also as a survivor main, the skins are mediocre and the killers got pretty good skins for them.

    Survivor skins are mediocre? Are you kidding me?

  • @Tsulan said:

    @akbays35 said:

    @Tsulan said:
    Wait... you complain about an alternative way to obtain skins?

    I complain about how they implemented it and why. Survivors are being catfished into a grinding sidequest whereas killers have to do the same thing they always did. Also as a survivor main, the skins are mediocre and the killers got pretty good skins for them.

    Survivor skins are mediocre? Are you kidding me?

    I mean for this specific event compared to the killer skins, they are mediocre in comparison. Frankly I wish they would make scary themed survivor skins.

  • @akbays35 said:

    @Tsulan said:

    @akbays35 said:

    @Tsulan said:
    Wait... you complain about an alternative way to obtain skins?

    I complain about how they implemented it and why. Survivors are being catfished into a grinding sidequest whereas killers have to do the same thing they always did. Also as a survivor main, the skins are mediocre and the killers got pretty good skins for them.

    Survivor skins are mediocre? Are you kidding me?

    I mean for this specific event compared to the killer skins, they are mediocre in comparison. Frankly I wish they would make scary themed survivor skins.

    I think they are looking great and i hope they do more steampunk skins for the other survivors.

  • Wouldn't mind another mode with this. Having survivors focus on something else at the start has made trapper far more viable before end game. Thank you Dev's for some prep time.