Just another strange thought experiment...

Disclaimer: I don't think this should be in the game. This is just for fun and shouldn't be taken seriously. In this discussion, previous discussions, and mostly likely future, take the reality of the game and put it to the side and embrace the chaos.

How would a game go if generators moved around? Let's say that at the beginning of the game there are a select amount of "slots" that generators can appear at, like normal generator spawn locations. After a certain amount of time, let's say 1 minute, all the generators shuffle around the map. If you are working on a generator at the time of the swap or are in the middle of kicking one, you are teleported to the new location. However if the new location doesn't have the side of the generator you are working on available, it kicks you off. Also, after a generation is completed, it is removed from the game and another "slot" opens up.

This a pretty long scenario, but I thought it would be fun and I tried to think of all the what it's surrounding it.

Comments

  • Sounds interesting. I kinda like it and I hate change. Poor trapper in this scenario.

  • I feel like that would help with the "gen rush" that killers hate so much while still keeping it balanced. It would be really weird as an actual mechanic but maybe a perk or something could do that.

  • This can be very confusing and can lead to complications whether in favor of the killer or vice versa.

    Please no ๐Ÿ˜…

  • I'd be playing Felix more often lmao

  • Imagine 99'ing a gen to heal an injured survivor (so it doesn't pop letting the killer know you're there and potentially go to it and they find an injured survivor) just to finish the heal and the gen has been moved. 10/10, this should be added to the game immediately.

  • @Apollos said:

    I'd be playing Felix more often lmao

    Yeah, Visionary would definitely have more use if this were a thing.

  • @Anniehere said:

    This can be very confusing and can lead to complications whether in favor of the killer or vice versa.

    Please no ๐Ÿ˜…

    I know, just imagine you have Pop ready and you are heading over to a generator and without warning, ssshloop! It goes into the ground and your just standing there awkwardly.

  • Interesting idea but i think it would be terrible in practice. Finding gens on some maps is already frustrating and having that as a built in game mechanic would not be fun

  • @KrazyKatFTW said:

    Interesting idea but i think it would be terrible in practice. Finding gens on some maps is already frustrating and having that as a built in game mechanic would not be fun

    Like I said, I don't think it should be in the game, but it's still fun to speculate how it would affect it.

  • @gendoss said:

    I feel like that would help with the "gen rush" that killers hate so much while still keeping it balanced. It would be really weird as an actual mechanic but maybe a perk or something could do that.

    All I know is it would make for a chaotic game. Which pleases me...