PRESENTING AN IDEA - NURSE IMPROVEMENT PLAN.

너스 개선.png

I've come up with guide marking performance for novice nurses

And to compete with skilled nurses, we have prepared minimum measures for survivors.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I like it a lot.

    Haven't used the addon for it, but do you see the Aura for the marker through Walls? that should probably be important so Nurse's don't accidentally get a surprise trip to the basement or the floor below.

    Refraction point seems good, and any balance concerns regarding the added information could be addressed by blink speed. (Could even be part of addons)

    Thank you for your reply.

    Of course, the marker is designed to be marked above the walls, ceiling, and underground.

    Marking will show the same efficiency because it has the same performance as 'Plaid Flannel' (addon).

    In fact, every time I played a nurse, I often went underground while tracking survivors, so I really wanted this to work. :)

  • That's exactly what a survivor has to know to counter the Nurse.

    And it asks one skill : to know how Nurse works, the exact skill the killer is using.

    It's hard to perform with the Nurse because you have to play her well, and it's hard to run a Nurse because you have to exactly know her (charging time etc).

    You're just making her an almost brainless killer to play, by giving the position. You're not learning how to blink, you're just looking at the arrival point.

    I really, really don't like this idea. Let the people who are searching for a hard gameplay this hard gameplay.

    It is a good idea for those who doesn't want to use their brain tho.

    """#Bringbackhardgameplays"""

  • @DoomedMind said:

    That's exactly what a survivor has to know to counter the Nurse.

    And it asks one skill : to know how Nurse works, the exact skill the killer is using.

    It's hard to perform with the Nurse because you have to play her well, and it's hard to run a Nurse because you have to exactly know her (charging time etc).

    You're just making her an almost brainless killer to play, by giving the position. You're not learning how to blink, you're just looking at the arrival point.

    I really, really don't like this idea. Let the people who are searching for a hard gameplay this hard gameplay.

    It is a good idea for those who doesn't want to use their brain tho.

    """#Bringbackhardgameplays"""

    good reply. Thank you.

    hard game for hardgamer. that's good.

    But that marking expression is just a supplementary function.

    For skilled nurse users, this feature would be worthless at all.

    My suggestion is that a minimal guide is provided to novice users who are unfamiliar with the abilities of nurses.

    I like hard games, too. But this is a multi-game played by 5 users.


    Either the match system in this game is better coordinated than it is now,

    Unless there's a constant influx of hard-game users,

    This game needs to think more about its own direction.


    My suggestion is just a general user delusion anyway.

    Let's just enjoy this game together. :)

  • I like the Twist in Space idea! But I hope the blink indicator wouldn't be as distracting as the current add-on one, I literally cannot play Nurse with that add-on, it gets in the way too often.

    Also the drawing is really good!

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    I like the Twist in Space idea! But I hope the blink indicator wouldn't be as distracting as the current add-on one, I literally cannot play Nurse with that add-on, it gets in the way too often.

    Also the drawing is really good!

    thank you very much!

    I am not good at English. So I drew a picture because I wanted to understand it easily. :)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2380218#Comment_2380218

    From close up, the Blink+Lunge speed/distance is fast enough that there is no counter-play apart from Dead Hard, even if the Survivor can see the landing point. So the arrival point isn't much concern there, but the marker does make the Nurse easier to play at Trash loops.

    It does make it more obvious if the Nurse is going for a long-distance zone point in the middle of a loop though, which gives the Survivor more information to work off of, making it harder for the Nurse, requiring them to be more efficient with their Power, which the base kit marker plays directly into.

    You still need to learn where to blink from at what distance, but you're not getting cucked by the game masking that information when, generally speaking, The Nurse would be able to tell where she's blinking to.

    Is the game vacuuming you into a lower floor or the basement because of unintuitive controls really part of a necessary skillcap?

    I see what you want but, erh, it's giving to the survivor exactly what does the Nurse want to do, and that is giving her a huge disadvantage. You can't go for cheeky blinks, they know you're going for a big prediction, making her gameplay super straight forward and unfun.

    Free information about the killer given to survivors is a bad thing imo. Nothing has to be free.

    Survivors has to actually look at the Nurse to see where she's looking at, and how much time she has charged (so they can more or less know where she will land) : that is skilled, and by doing that, you'll probably be rewarded by having this skill, which is exactly the skill the Nurse player has, using the same knowledge. That is balance imo.

    And about the bugs and "trash loops", you get used to it, and even play around it. I never fail my blinks around short loops (like the rocks with a pallet between, those are hard to blink through when beginning), and I am super careful when I can blink down or around basement : these are also skill things.

    Nurse is hard, very hard, and if you're not ready to sweat and lose a huge amount of game with her, do not play her.

    And if you really want to have the blink mark, put the plaid.

    And as a survivor you really want to loop her for a while, go endure the same difficulties she endured to know how much to charge, and you'll be able to 5 gen run a Nurse.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2380218#Comment_2380218

    If this was implemented, what HARDMODE addon would you want to see implemented, and how would you want to be rewarded for utilizing it?

    The bracelet and the nit-comb are two super challenging add-ons. And if you really want to be an absolute god with blinking, train with the one blink and the nit-comb add-ons.

    @Liar_KIM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2380218#Comment_2380218

    good reply. Thank you.

    hard game for hardgamer. that's good.

    But that marking expression is just a supplementary function.

    For skilled nurse users, this feature would be worthless at all.

    My suggestion is that a minimal guide is provided to novice users who are unfamiliar with the abilities of nurses.

    I like hard games, too. But this is a multi-game played by 5 users.

    Either the match system in this game is better coordinated than it is now,

    Unless there's a constant influx of hard-game users,

    This game needs to think more about its own direction.

    My suggestion is just a general user delusion anyway.

    Let's just enjoy this game together. :)

    The plaid flannel add-on gives the mark of the blink, so there is already something for Nurse beginners. And for those who wants to be capable of running away from her, I think it's legit that running a good Nurse requires as much skills as the Nurse player, as I said, this is balance.

    And yeah, totally, let's enjoy this game together, so they have to be able to give killer players that want some challenge an hardcore killer (hardcore not because he's bad, but because his gameplay has depth, you know what I mean ?)

    I'm a strong advocate of Nurse being fine as she is, she's my main, and my favourite killer to go against.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2380863#Comment_2380863

    I'm coming from the perspective of DBD will consistently be pitting new Survivors against expert Nurses, new Nurses' against expert Survivors. Pitting new players against smurfs. There should always be a cause and an effect noticeable to players, both Survivor and Killer.

    From my own experience playing against Nurse, you don't actually need to look behind you at all, most Nurses' at a distance place themselves at the point in a loop where they cut off the most amount of loop distance and can followup with a short blink for a hit.

    If by cheeky blink, you mean going for an off-meta location where the Survivor would be likely to run to after breaking LoS, I can see what your point is.

    To that end, what if the Nurse's Blink Trail was removed, she became entirely invisible during the blink, and the vapor shift was more ground-focused, being able to be hidden under the LoS of short obstacles/Tall grass? (Imagine a localized doctor shock effect)

    This still doesn't solve the problem where if the Nurse was going for a cheeky grab, the Survivor would see that vapor shift pre-emptively, and would negate a lot of the uncertainty regarding "Is she coming for me on this gen?", so, perhaps this effect is hidden against Survivors while the Nurse is Undetectable, which also gives more reason to actually use Undetectable Perks on the Nurse even though she's loud af.

    So

    Refraction Point

    • Short enough to be obscured by Tall Grass/low-height obstacles
    • Does not appear while Undetectable

    Normally, due to rank and MMR system, new players wouldn't meet expert players. Yes it can happen, but generally it won't.

    Yes if a player in red rank would like to try the Nurse, he would get some "experts" while he is a total beginner with her, but every Nurse mains has done that without dying, plus the plaid add-on helps a lot.

    And for expert players that don't know how to run a Nurse, well, they gotta learn the hard way : meet stronger than them.

    About not looking at a Nurse, if you're doing that with a good Nurse, she will notice and play entirely different. Sure 85% of Nurse always go for prediction blink, but the top Nurse go for safe blink, and there you have to choose your actions very carefully, and so you have to know what does she have in her head. But yeah, it mostly works really well.

    Being invisible during the blink would be something, maybe, but a very attentive survivor will keep track on the mark and knows so... Same for a long blink to a gen, the survivor will see the blink mark slowly approaching, that would be... Amusing and weird at the same time from the survivors point of view (like, you're chasing someone near the gen that is being done, and you want to go to it after breaking LoS, but the mark will tell what you're up to do...)

    Maybe something interesting could be done about undetectable and blinking tho.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2380863#Comment_2380863

    Do you find the BP rewards for those addons to be "worth it"? Or are they only useful to test your skill?

    I always have 29k-32k with Nurse basekit, so I only use them for hard training or to challenge myself.