undeniable proof that the survivors and killers can somehow interact between trials

teachables. they teach each other how to use each others perks. how else could they be tought?

Comments

  • Well besides the base game design, I suppose that is a reasonable thought. They also have to wait at the campfire (depicted in the menu & lore) while not in a trial so that's more proof of interaction amongst one another.

  • Survs may teach/learn them during trials, but with the campfire we know that they at least can be together between trial.

    For the killers this is a good point though, there are no multiple killers in trials, neither in-game nor in the lore mentioned.. and somehow the Blight could experiment on multiple killers which also happened outside of trials I assume?

  • Teachable are gameplay only. Canonically survivors lose their memories after each trial and killers are kept separately in their own areas. Talbot/Blight was able to capture the killers before his mutation because of the knowledge he gained from Vigo's journal and the serum he used, which allowed him to access areas none else can.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2379270#Comment_2379270

    He was experimenting on them while he was a Survivor, presumably mid-Trial. He got trashcanned into The Void, somehow regained the memory of the Pustula, and became our favorite crack-addict grandpa we know today.

    (At least the currently explored Lore version, there are other variants of him The Blight as noted by the Cosmetics.)

    Talbot/Blight was able get into the areas each killer is kept in because of the serum. The serum also helped Talbot stay outside the trials and the Entity couldn't detect him.

    Cosmetics are not canon, the only canon skins are the blighted skins. There are no other versions of Talbot/Blight and the reason he has different outfit/design in the archives is because they didn't finalize his design back then, and he was meant to be Benedict Baker, but they changed that.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2380117#Comment_2380117

    Hmm. For Tome I, the Alchemist, that doesn't seem to be the case, he was part of the Trials before becoming a Blight, and was able to subdue the Killers. But for Tome V, that could be the case for Talbot. The question is if they're the same. (And if DBD does retcon, or write things off as a progressing timeline/alternate realities)

    Regarding skins being cannon: It could be reasoned that cosmetics are simply alternate versions of Survivors/Killers from different universes.

    Hell, I only bothered reading the Observer log sections for the Tomes, but it seems that from Tome 5, an alternate variant of Yui could be an Oni variant, from our perspective a rule 63 skin variant. (Memory 377)

    Arcus 2217 of Tome 5 directly describing an in-Universe observation of a Survivor variant of Claudette. A bit on the nose, and if taken at face value, Emperor Dwight is another variant in Tome 6.

    Talbot WAS part of the trails but after he found Vigo's hidden lab he was able to keep himself out of it cause of the information he learned from Vigo's journal and the serum he created, we already have a conformation on him being out of trails and visiting other areas in the realm none else can go to from the devs.

    There was a retcon and it was confirmed by the devs. Talbot was retconned to be the speaker in 2018's Hallowed Blight journal entries, originally attributed to Benedict Baker.

    Yes, there is a multi vers but they made it clear to us when it's a different version of the character like how they did with Yui and how they are hinting it with the Cloudette from the rift but in Talbot case there was non and in a stream a dev was talking about Talbot/Blight story and he didn't mentioned it being a different version of the character at all but kept talking about it being the same character. They also talked about his story in behind the scenes and they kept talking about the same character, nothing at all being a different version.

  • @Gruo said:

    Teachable are gameplay only. Canonically survivors lose their memories after each trial and killers are kept separately in their own areas. Talbot/Blight was able to capture the killers before his mutation because of the knowledge he gained from Vigo's journal and the serum he used, which allowed him to access areas none else can.

    It makes more sense them to be gameplay only but the memory loose always irked with me, it contradicts a lot with og lore so I tend to ignore.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2380117#Comment_2380117

    Hmm. For Tome I, the Alchemist, that doesn't seem to be the case, he was part of the Trials before becoming a Blight, and was able to subdue the Killers. But for Tome V, that could be the case for Talbot. The question is if they're the same. (And if DBD does retcon, or write things off as a progressing timeline/alternate realities)

    Regarding skins being cannon: It could be reasoned that cosmetics are simply alternate versions of Survivors/Killers from different universes.

    Hell, I only bothered reading the Observer log sections for the Tomes, but it seems that from Tome 5, an alternate variant of Yui could be an Oni variant, from our perspective a rule 63 skin variant. (Memory 377)

    Arcus 2217 of Tome 5 directly describing an in-Universe observation of a Survivor variant of Claudette. A bit on the nose, and if taken at face value, Emperor Dwight is another variant in Tome 6.

    Devs said in a stream a while ago that there's only one version of a character present in realm. In that tome it said that the entity might have preferences over who it picks, in theory it probably waits for the current claudette to go to the void to pick another one.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2381594#Comment_2381594

    And that contradicts with gameplay and the Trials themselves, unless all Trials with duplications, non-default cosmetics, and all but one Player account are "non-cannon".

    So my head-cannon is The Entity develops a preference for certain Character archetypes to be used for the Trials. "Claudette Morel" is less of an individual, but more of a blueprint of experience and emotional state. The Entity trawls through Universes snatching up individuals closely resembling these blueprints. Most of which resembling the core variant, but sometimes they may diverge significantly. These variants able to be used in Trials, but who may be "conditioned" not to realize, or even notice, that they're in the Trials with "themselves".

    (Funnily enough, this is similar in concept to Loki with the "Core timeline" and the TVA, difference being the "core" variants are plucked for the Trials to suffer or Kill (or both) endlessly)

    In regards to what The Void actually is, that still is a good question.

    I think a lot of gameplay features usually are non canon to lore like multiple survivors or perks per example, for me it makes more sense, but your headcanon is pretty cool!

  • @Dangle03 said:

    teachables. they teach each other how to use each others perks. how else could they be tought?

    Survivors, Yes

    Killers, It feels like more of a game mechanic than a lore thing honestly. Since the entity has all of the killers in their specific realm, Except for the one stalking the survivors

  • Teachables are canon, perhaps not the perk themselves, but the knowledge that they represent being given to others through the bloodweb is canon, as shown in the quotes that keep appearing when you level it up:

    Last night I got out of The Fog, in a matter of speaking. I arrived in a pocket of tranquillity where the monster was nowhere to be seen. I stopped running and was immediately filled with a strange calmness. I lay down near the bonfire and closed my eyes for the first time in what seemed like days. After long, deep breaths, I plunged into what I first thought was the darkness of a dreamless sleep. And then I saw it: the Bloodweb, a space between reality and abstraction. There is no sleep here, only torment. Even my own mind is shared and bent at The Entity's will.

    I feel confident that I can inculcate my awareness of the Bloodweb to the others that are trapped here with me. Maybe they can unlock their inner strength with my help.

    Survivors losing memories after each trial wouldn’t retcon that, as it still canon that they retain some knowledge gained from it, like doing generators, totems and the main rules of the trials.

  • Bearing in mind that the Bloodweb is wear they learn it, the interraction is very weak at best. I'm uncertain that survivors can communicate around the fire, or are muted and in some way not fully aware of others until just before the trial. Like they're alone, even though survivors sit with them. A strange limbo.

    Since the bloodweb is more a structure with knowledge and items within that a survivor can somehow project into a reality, it feels like it's less about teaching and more about observing and learning, or even simply absorbing, the perks and such.

    Killers is trickier, because all I've heard thus far is that they basically wander from trial to trial, so as we're not aware how they "sleep", where and when and how does the bloodweb appear to them?

    It's almost as if everyone is lonely there and every interraction within the trials does not feel real.

  • @Khorzad said:

    Teachables are canon, perhaps not the perk themselves, but the knowledge that they represent being given to others through the bloodweb is canon, as shown in the quotes that keep appearing when you level it up:

    Last night I got out of The Fog, in a matter of speaking. I arrived in a pocket of tranquillity where the monster was nowhere to be seen. I stopped running and was immediately filled with a strange calmness. I lay down near the bonfire and closed my eyes for the first time in what seemed like days. After long, deep breaths, I plunged into what I first thought was the darkness of a dreamless sleep. And then I saw it: the Bloodweb, a space between reality and abstraction. There is no sleep here, only torment. Even my own mind is shared and bent at The Entity's will.

    I feel confident that I can inculcate my awareness of the Bloodweb to the others that are trapped here with me. Maybe they can unlock their inner strength with my help.

    Survivors losing memories after each trial wouldn’t retcon that, as it still canon that they retain some knowledge gained from it, like doing generators, totems and the main rules of the trials.

    I prefer it like this, I the idea of memory loss, but if it was just a partial loss like not remembering who escaped and who died, wich killer or was and were they were it would be okay for me.