5 Categories of Killers

Maybe this is something only I believe or it's something that many people agree with, who knows. However, I am a believer that all of dbd's killers fit into 5 categories

  1. Trapping Killers
  2. Stealth Killers
  3. High Mobility Killers
  4. Anti-Loop Killers
  5. Ranged Killers

I was wondering, given these 5 categories, which category do you believe every killer belongs to (can put a killer in only one category)? There's some that definitely have elements of each, but there's definitely others that are fully just one of these.

Comments

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    Maybe this is something only I believe or it's something that many people agree with, who knows. However, I am a believer that all of dbd's killers fit into 5 categories

    1. Trapping Killers
    2. Stealth Killers
    3. High Mobility Killers
    4. Anti-Loop Killers
    5. Ranged Killers

    I was wondering, given these 5 categories, which category do you believe every killer belongs to (can put a killer in only one category)? There's some that definitely have elements of each, but there's definitely others that are fully just one of these.

    Plague is a weird one tbh. She wouldn't fit of any of these if she doesn't get Corrupt Purge. Maybe she can be ranged/Trapper, but thats a stretch imo

  • Call "Trapping Killers" "Preparation Killers". This would include Trapper, Hag and Demo.


  • @Patrick1088 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/267734/5-categories-of-killers

    Plague is a weird one tbh. She wouldn't fit of any of these if she doesn't get Corrupt Purge. Maybe she can be ranged/Trapper, but thats a stretch imo

    Plague, I always qualified as a power burst killer - she's like Myers and Oni in that she builds up her power and then gets to be briefly dominant.

  • I don't fully agree with these categories. Ranged killers should be included in the antiloop category (every killer with a ranged attack has antiloop). High mobility and trapping should be changed into "map presence" and "area control" respectively to include more killers.

    It would be something like that imo:

    • Area control killers: Trapper, Hag, Twins
    • Stealth killers: Wraith, Myers, Pig, Ghostface
    • Antiloop killers: Nurse, Doctor, Huntress, Clown, Spirit, Deathslinger, Pyramid Head, Trickster, Nemesis
    • Map presence killers: Hillbilly, Freddy, Legion, Plague, Demogorgon, Oni, Blight
  • @ChurchofPig said:

    Maybe this is something only I believe or it's something that many people agree with, who knows. However, I am a believer that all of dbd's killers fit into 5 categories

    1. Trapping Killers
    2. Stealth Killers
    3. High Mobility Killers
    4. Anti-Loop Killers
    5. Ranged Killers

    I was wondering, given these 5 categories, which category do you believe every killer belongs to (can put a killer in only one category)? There's some that definitely have elements of each, but there's definitely others that are fully just one of these.

    Anti-loop and ranged are the same thing