Cheese builds
So there are some builds which are just no fun to play against. I seldom play with survivors who have game changing perks or add-ons; killers have the option for builds which are nigh impossible to beat.
What about assigning a point system to perks and add-ons? With the points you would have limited build points so you can't just run any combination which gives you an unfair advantage. So if you bring a mori you can't have another ultra rare perk add-on.
I know killer mains will say, "No way, I need my cheese build because I have no skill and I am dependent upon the add-ons compensating for my poor game skills."
It makes sense because ultra rare means different things for survivors and killers. Survivor ultra rares may effect 15 seconds of game play at max; they have a small umbrella of influence while killers' ultra-rares effect the whole trial. What I mean bringing a new part or insta heal effects 15 seconds of gameplay max. Infinite tier 3 or infinite blinks effect the whole trial.
I know the devs want to make games shorter to free space on servers and the easiest thing to do is make killers meta strong, but some of us want to have fun.
Comments
-> instaheal
-> 15 seconds of gameplay max
Please actually play this game as killer
Most Ultra rares don't combo well with each other. Or you don't need the other one to still have a strong build. There are exception obviously to this like:
Also did you see that some some of the ultra rares? Best example would be Nemesis as he's the most recent one. His Ultra rares are straight up awful. There are a lot of ultra rares that don't even see play with other add-ons.
The other arguement is that the ultra rares were made for each other. As with Myers' Tombstone and and Tuff of Hair. I didn't see anyone run Tombstone alone like ever.
---
Oh also, the system would work both ways I assume right? So those pesky survivors can't run Dead Hards and Iron wills with Borrowed Time's?
Also also, moris were recently nerfed... to require 2 hooks! Yet, you still think they're too strong?
Yes it should go for survivors too, but you mentioned only perks, which add-ons do survivors run constantly which totally change the dynamics of the game? I can't think of one but maybe after 2000 hours of gameplay I have not come across them just yet.
Constantly? Not even killers constantly run iridescents. But they do have the "best" add-ons. As do survivor items.
But the most common things are (for each item): A medkit with extra charges, a flashlight that can last a long time, a toolbox (most likely it's Commodious) with speed and/or charges and a key...
(oh and styptic and syringe even tho only last a couple of seconds of it's own gameplay, it can extend YOUR gameplay by using them technically. So there's that)