Nemesis' inefficient power

Is it the most inefficient power in the game? It feels awful to use. and if survivors know how to counterplay it, it becomes even worse to use. And I would rather m1. It almost feels like trickster again (as in using m1 over m2), but this time at 115%, so there is even more reason to m1. You infect them. They hold w for the whole chase and the chase will take a ridiculously long time. And then to put salt in the wound they have 5 boxes that they can just cleanse at.. As if they actually needed a cleanse mechanic. I get the efficiency of getting tier 2 and breaking pallets faster, but how much time does that actually save. I get the devs thought survivors needed a sprint burst after getting infected (because otherwise he would be too oppressive), but a full sprint burst seems ridiculous. It is the main thing stopping me from playing this killer. Almost everything else I love about him.

Comments

  • I still feel like Pig or Trapper's powers are such a joke that Nemesis, just by merit of being able to tier up is inherently better (except for perhaps Pig as she has crouch and ambush to compensate for such a useless power). Trapper is still the only killer that can actively harm himself. The tentacle of love and desire seems almost OP by comparison. Like, don't get me wrong, it sucks. But there is no way it is worse than bear traps or reverse bear traps. No way in hell.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I still feel like Pig or Trapper's powers are such a joke that Nemesis, just by merit of being able to tier up is inherently better (except for perhaps Pig as she has crouch and ambush to compensate for such a useless power). Trapper is still the only killer that can actively harm himself. The tentacle of love and desire seems almost OP by comparison. Like, don't get me wrong, it sucks. But there is no way it is worse than bear traps or reverse bear traps. No way in hell.

    Right, Maybe I shouldn't have asked if he has the most inefficient power and instead just talked about Nem's power's downfalls.

  • @baseballfan4877 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2368102#Comment_2368102

    Right, Maybe I shouldn't have asked if he has the most inefficient power and instead just talked about Nem's power's downfalls.

    I feel like the developers believed zombies would play a bigger role. They could infect for initial hit, or if you infected them, the zombies can deal a damage state. The issue? Well, if you play Nemesis, I don't need to tell you. Sometimes they are actually pog and let you style on them, other times they camp a wall with more intensity than a Basement Bubba.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2368112#Comment_2368112

    I feel like the developers believed zombies would play a bigger role. They could infect for initial hit, or if you infected them, the zombies can deal a damage state. The issue? Well, if you play Nemesis, I don't need to tell you. Sometimes they are actually pog and let you style on them, other times they camp a wall with more intensity than a Basement Bubba.

    Yeah. it is a very gimmicky mechanic. Especially at high ranks where I don't think they do much more than maybe force someone off a gen. But I mean if you aren't running ruin/undying, that really doesn't do much to stop them.