New event = test run for secondary objective
What are your thoughts and feelings about the secondary objective? Does it slow down the game enough to matter? Is it too much? Do you think it's better with more or less objectives and how do survivors feel about competing for the objectives?
Please feel free to share your thoughts
Please feel free to share your thoughts
Comments
As survivor you have to be careful of your surroundings more and I think its fun at least for me, do more stuff. I feel I was the only one trying to cleanse all totems every match
I think it's great. I believe this is exactly what the game needs to balance gameplay at R1. Faced some SWF teams today and so far, not a single hate message after the match ends, not a single display of bad manners, guys that survive get a ton of points, guys that don't make it are happy anyways bc they got their vials. Looks to me like everyone was having fun.
Hopefully the devs find the way to add this kind of alternative objectives in non-event gameplay. These objectives should always reward survivors IMO, either with cosmetics or BP, so they're happy doing them, instead of feeling they're doing chores.
Love it both as killer and survivor.
So the question is how to we translate that to regular game play? Right now people are doing it for cosmetics. How do we make them want the secondary objectives? Make a new in game currency to buy cosmetics with? Or make blood shards easier to come up with?
Secondary objectives need to tie into the main objective (search for parts to repair ).
We already got hex totems as 2nd objective and look at the impact those have.....
it's too much, with killer it's easy as all the other events, even without iron grasp (killer see auras of special hooks). Survivor waste too much time to searching it and destroing it. slow heal time and generator.............
Its a good idea, but the mechanic is horrible, once survivors get 30 vitals they can't harvest anymore
This is a serious BUG
Just enjoy the event and trow your bias away
I believe this event has ruined DBD in many ways and i'll outline them below:
1) The game should be scary: this event, "the hallowed blight" has turned the game into a meme. There is not one aspect of the new event that is centered on making the game a little more "scary."
2) FARMING: every match that has been played by myself has been either a farming match OR a match in which the survivors WANT to farm, but the killer does not. so the game becomes boring VERY quickly which has resulted in more disconnects than I've ever seen in the 2 years of playing this game.
3) survivors are not GODS: the majority of survivor players in Dead by Daylight are not A+ players who run the killer for 5 gens. so adding an additional objective has only made the game more over powered in the KILLER'S favor. There is now no reason for any killer to not get 4 kills every match. there is no carrot to chase in terms of "competitive" aspect. If a killer WANTS to win, they WILL win. easy as that. (or they can meme for 10 minutes while the survivors farm and run around doing nothing. YAY scary things!)
I get that there are some frustrated killer mains out there who want more objectives for survivors so that the game is easier for them, as a Killer main myself (HAG), I feel like this event has made killer too easy. there is no reason to log In during the event because i know I will 4k every match, whether i try or not.
I understand that the other events weren't very 'scary' either, but they DID keep the competitive aspect of the game in tact. As of this post, I have quit playing DBD until the event is over.
Definitely a good idea and needs to make it into the base game. Maybe they should be toolboxes you have to search through before you can work on a gen. I don't think they should be an optional thing but required to do gens.