Skill Check Decisive Strike

After updating the Decisive Strike skill, I stopped getting into the skill check. I don’t know, maybe I’m just bad at playing, but the skill check always hits the edge and the killer doesn’t get stunned. I would understand if it was once, but with me so constantly. Tell me, is it like that for everyone?

Comments

  • @shitman said:

    After updating the Decisive Strike skill, I stopped getting into the skill check. I don’t know, maybe I’m just bad at playing, but the skill check always hits the edge and the killer doesn’t get stunned. I would understand if it was once, but with me so constantly. Tell me, is it like that for everyone?

    I've had no issues hitting the skill check. However, I am playing on a somewhat decent PC. Perhaps it would be much harder on low end PCs/Console. There being a skill check mechanic to it seems kind of archaic now considering that it's basically only for anti-tunnelling but whatever.

  • I honestly don't even understand why it still has it to be honest. There's really no reason to be able to miss it when the perk has so many limitations now.

  • The only time I miss ds is if my game randomly decides to lag. Otherwise it really isn't hard to hit a skill check

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    I honestly don't even understand why it still has it to be honest. There's really no reason to be able to miss it when the perk has so many limitations now.

    Every time I hit a survivor, I have to aim at them. I don't see why I can't just swing at random and succeed.

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2365404#Comment_2365404

    Every time I hit a survivor, I have to aim at them. I don't see why I can't just swing at random and succeed.

    Yeah... that's not a perk thats basic gameplay. A better comparison would have been generator skill checks.


    Also whataboutism 3 posts in new record OMEGALYL

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    I honestly don't even understand why it still has it to be honest. There's really no reason to be able to miss it when the perk has so many limitations now.

    Kind of agree. DS isn't nearly as powerful as it used to be and the conditions for activating it are much stricter; either you're getting hard tunneled or you spent up to 60 seconds doing nothing. There's not much reason to gate it in a way that only stops new players from using it and doesn't affect anyone who knows what they're doing, aka the players that use it to any clever and dangerous effect versus the ones who are just reacting to getting tunneled.

    Other very powerful second chance perks like Unbreakable or Deliverance have no such clauses attached - the specificness of the situation you can use it in and the one-time use clause are considered good enough balancers for the strength of the perk.