People really think Wraith is op?

Comments

  • Yes, he's OP. And Demogorgon, and Deathslinger, and Twins, and Clown. And I don't even need to explain why.

    Sarcasm at its best. But sadly, people do think like this.

  • Not really, it's just that the fact that he's never been fun to go against is mixing with his suddenly high pick-rate (spawned from him being an easy, strong killer).

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2363882#Comment_2363882

    Yeah you've made your point about his lunge distance, let's switch to why you want him nerfed.

    He has so much counterplay, let's not make him trash tier again please.

    His lunge has always been the same btw. His uncloak speed boost was increased from 1 second to 1.25 seconds, but that didn't affect the lunge itself. Old Wraith with purple windstorm would have an exact same lunge.

    Your last point is not consistent with your overall position.

    Old Wraith with purple windstorm was pretty ######### good, as he always had meh basekit and cracked add-ons. The purple one didn't even have an uncloack penalty because of a bug or oversight. He was nothing to ######### with when built like that, but you just couldn't run very-rares every trial. So, it wasn't perceived as too problematic.

    Now, that add-on is basekit and you have two free slots on top of that.

    Op at base? Not really. But with add-ons as good as he has and a juicy basekit, there's an argument to be made for an add-on pass.

  • @Bwsted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364096#Comment_2364096

    Your last point is not consistent with your overall position.

    Old Wraith with purple windstorm was pretty ######### good, as he always had meh basekit and cracked add-ons. The purple one didn't even have an uncloack penalty because of a bug or oversight. He was nothing to ######### with when built like that, but you just couldn't run very-rares every trial. So, it wasn't perceived as too problematic.

    Now, that add-on is basekit and you have two free slots on top of that.

    Op at base? Not really. But with add-ons as good as he has and a juicy basekit, there's an argument to be made for an add-on pass.

    I acknowledged "All Seeing" - Blood in my last post. Scroll up.

    I believe he needs an add-on pass, don't get me wrong. The issue here is that people think he's OP not because of his add-ons, but because of his speed and lunge.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2363882#Comment_2363882

    Yeah you've made your point about his lunge distance, let's switch to why you want him nerfed.

    He has so much counterplay, let's not make him trash tier again please.

    His lunge has always been the same btw. His uncloak speed boost was increased from 1 second to 1.25 seconds, but that didn't affect the lunge itself. Old Wraith with purple windstorm would have an exact same lunge.

    And what does the extra speed boost when uncloaking do exactly? Gives him a larger window of time to hit an extendo lunge. I just personally believe it’s too much of a time window. That is legit the only change I’d want. It’s not even that big of a change nor would it make him trash tier.

    The only reason Wraith was bottom of the barrel is because he was dependent on Windstorm to make him not painfully slow while cloaked. The speed boost after uncloaking did not need a change.

    Agree to disagree because I’m not changing my stance on the fact that I believe the speed boost after uncloaking/lunge is too forgiving for Wraith.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2364096#Comment_2364096

    And what does the extra speed boost when uncloaking do exactly? Gives him a larger window of time to hit an extendo lunge. I just personally believe it’s too much of a time window. That is legit the only change I’d want. It’s not even that big of a change nor would it make him trash tier.

    The only reason Wraith was bottom of the barrel is because he was dependent on Windstorm to make him not painfully slow while cloaked. The speed boost after uncloaking did not need a change.

    Agree to disagree because I’m not changing my stance on the fact that I believe the speed boost after uncloaking/lunge is too forgiving for Wraith.

    The +0.25 seconds doesn't even do much. I'm 95% sure that removing it wouldn't do much, and you'd still hate Wraith. You were talking about the lunge itself earlier, not the speed boost that leads to the lunge, but whatever.

  • @glitchboi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2365727#Comment_2365727

    The +0.25 seconds doesn't even do much. I'm 95% sure that removing it wouldn't do much, and you'd still hate Wraith. You were talking about the lunge itself earlier, not the speed boost that leads to the lunge, but whatever.

    Spoiler alert: I’ve always hated Wraith, even when he was bad. He’s not my cup of tea. He’s uninteractive due to the hit and run style everyone uses. Nothing wrong with this, it’s just not enjoyable for me personally.

    The speed boost leads into a larger window of time that the Wraith can perform the lunge so it’s a larger distance the Wraith can cover. You’re right, the lunge itself wasn’t increased but the speed boost makes it so he covers more ground so he can still catch up to you quicker, just don’t think that needed a change.

    Again, this is the only change I’d want for Wraith.

    And if it wouldn’t revering the speed boost back to 1 second wouldn’t do much in your opinion then why does it matter so much that this is a change I suggested? Because you said “let’s not make Wraith trash tier again”. I don’t see this change would make Wraith trash tier.

  • I don't think he's OP, he's just incredibly boring and unfun to go against imo.

  • Let's look at current Wraith. Best stealth killer in the game, great hit & run, good mobility,(below S tier mobility of Hillbilly, Blight, and MDR Spirit), good slowdown synergy. anti-loop in short loops, not map dependent as Old F tier Wraith, not devastated by exhaustion perks anymore, can use other add-ons now for strong combos. Good Strengths. Current weaknesses though weaker on the best survivor maps, his lunge is weak at strong loops useless at god loops, power purpose devastated by healing perks and Med-Kits, exhaustion perks are still good against him but not to such destructive extent, Spine Chill still, not good against SWF(they're uncommon however). So he's balanced. Enough counters and improvements from Old Wraith. Good spot although compared to most killer easy to learn and I find him boring to face and play. But, nerf All-Seeing Blood.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    No he isn’t OP at all. I’ve personally never liked his gameplay, he is very uninteractive because it goes like this “sneak up on survivor, uncloak, hit with an omega lunge, cloak, and run away.” It’s hit and run so you barely have any chase interaction with him.

    The cloaked speed boost and “true invisibility” really make Wraith strong because you only have a 24 meter distance to spot a killer that is moving pretty fast, hard to see to begin with, and gets free hits on an uncloak. Most of the time I hear him before I can even see him.

    With other stealth killers there are drawbacks like Myers is slower, Ghostface is still only 115% and slower when crouched, and Pig is slower when crouched. Wraith suffers no drawbacks because even though he is slowed when starting to uncloak, that lunge makes up for it.

    The only thing I’d change about Wraith is slightly lessening the amount of distance he gets on his lunge. It feels just as long as a Spirit running Wakazashi Saya.

    Found the lunge quite useless at the strong loops.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2365744#Comment_2365744

    Spoiler alert: I’ve always hated Wraith, even when he was bad. He’s not my cup of tea. He’s uninteractive due to the hit and run style everyone uses. Nothing wrong with this, it’s just not enjoyable for me personally.

    The speed boost leads into a larger window of time that the Wraith can perform the lunge so it’s a larger distance the Wraith can cover. You’re right, the lunge itself wasn’t increased but the speed boost makes it so he covers more ground so he can still catch up to you quicker, just don’t think that needed a change.

    Again, this is the only change I’d want for Wraith.

    And if it wouldn’t revering the speed boost back to 1 second wouldn’t do much in your opinion then why does it matter so much that this is a change I suggested? Because you said “let’s not make Wraith trash tier again”. I don’t see this change would make Wraith trash tier.

    Reducing the lunge even slightly would make him trash tier because it's literally 65% of his power, and I assumed you were referring to that earlier. Reducing the speed boost down to 1 second wouldn't affect him that much.

    If you don't like the Wraith then that's fine.

  • I love his base kit. I do think his speed addons need to be removed at this point though.

1 2 ›