Apparently the event hooks wither after only 1 hook. Seriously?
That is really harsh. I would understand if they withered after 2 sacrifices or a hook gave you a full notch’s worth, or there were 4 by default — but when it withers without a sacrifice or it doesn’t give you more per survivor that is on that hook it doesn’t feel good - especially when hooks don’t even give you much on top of the stress of discerning the orange from the red hooks and hoping you get there under 12 seconds with no boil over.
There should be no reason why the hooks aren’t reusable without a sacrifice (or why each survivor can’t get nectar from the flower before it withers on them.)
There should be no reason why the hooks aren’t reusable without a sacrifice (or why each survivor can’t get nectar from the flower before it withers on them.)
Comments
I agree completely with all of this.
If you're the only person who burns a petal, youre going to have a rough time. Even more so as a killer. Then, as a survivor, people are being even more toxic to each other. i'm on game 11 as a survivor and have yet to even get 1 vial due to survivors filling their own instead of going for gens or saves. I don't want to SWF just because of an event.
I don't think the event rules were anywhere near very well thought out.
Yeah, grinding those vials as the killer is harsh. It's far easier as a survivor honestly. I've gotten 3 to 1 average so far.
How is this any different than the other events hooks, it's not since during the summer BBQ event you had to hook on a different event hook each time.
Event hooks have always been like that. Unless they won't let you hook them again at all, it doesn't seem like a huge problem. It just seems more unfair because you don't get a full "point" for it, just a fraction of one.
Especially since just from hearing about the event on the dev stream, it seems like the survivors have it harder. At least for killer, the nectar gathering is attached to your normal objectives and not an entirely new one on top of everything else. Plus, killers can't lose nectar like survivors can when they die.
Having said all that, I haven't actually played the event yet, so take everything I say with a grain of salt (lol). But ultimately it doesn't matter that much who it's easier for, since everyone is going to have to play both survivor and killer to get enough nectar for the free outfit.
It was the same with other events. The thing is that other events didn't have a flat cap on the amount of hooks you could do before the event hooks became worthless (for progressing your unlocks). In theory if you get 5 event hooks in one match it means that you can only get one event hook in the next match before the event hooks are worthless.
It's also mildly annoying for Survivors that you can't S L U R P the plants when you have a full vial (for Bloodpoints) but I think Survivors have it way worse. "Hey let's make teammates fight over cosmetic unlocks! That's a good idea!"
Killer doesn't lose progress though. I feel like it's a fair system. I have no problem going through it as killer. I think what feels so bad is the long queue times really. Imagine if we were getting into games right after one another? They'd fill up fast. But since it's a 5-10 minute wait to get a game going it just feels slow.