Is the random map generation problematic?

I know this has been talked about a lot in the past but do you guys think that the random pallet/window generation should be a thing at all? Honestly I noticed while playing on Dead Dawg Saloon how nice it is that the shack spawns in the same way every time. I always hate getting shafted by the window or pallet door facing a corner other maps. Also some main buildings are way better/worse depending on which direction they're facing.

It's also extremely annoying for survivor/killer to run in a direction and have a pallet spawn/not spawn and you could either get a free kill or get stunned because a pallet happened to be there.

I definitely think they should just get rid of the random generation altogether but are there enough people out there who really like it?

Comments

  • The random generation is kinda one of the appeals for the game. That being said I think they should reduce the rng of maps.

    An idea I had is rather then making an auto generated map, why not try making maps set but changed every update. So one update the myers house god window is open but the next update it's blocked.