I Love this game type but hate this game.

To start, I've been playing dead by daylight for about 2 years I would say and I've it high milestone such as rank one survivor or rank 3 killer. But recently I just cant enjoy this game for both sides. There isn't a middle ground I can personally find that doesn't having me getting tunneled off hook and camped, long queue times and for killer, toxic survivors, gen rushing with swfs usually rank 1. (I held rank 3 for a killer for 3 games before i've dropped and ever since I've been around rank 6 to 5) I play with a full stack usually with good friends of mine and I still can't enjoy this game. I have all perks on survivor and killers and routinely try to run different perks set but even so I can't without any above happening. The reason I'm posting this on dbd forums is I'm calling out to those dbd players like me that have been facing these challenges such as mine. I want to know other peoples perspective so I can understand why dbd is like what it is and if we can change it together. thanks have a good day!

Comments

  • I think most of the community has a love & hate relationship with this game.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    I think most of the community has a love & hate relationship with this game.

    I see what you mean. I just don't think that's healthy for people to be loving a game and then one match later go on a rant about how terrible this game is. I'm not calling out the devs, I just think their is room to improve their game by a large area.

  • @lukedbd12 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2359321#Comment_2359321

    I see what you mean. I just don't think that's healthy for people to be loving a game and then one match later go on a rant about how terrible this game is. I'm not calling out the devs, I just think their is room to improve their game by a large area.

    we also shouldn't be normalizing love hate relationships because they often turn toxic later on which could kill the game if one bad balance update happened.

  • @lukedbd12 said:

    To start, I've been playing dead by daylight for about 2 years I would say and I've it high milestone such as rank one survivor or rank 3 killer. But recently I just cant enjoy this game for both sides. There isn't a middle ground I can personally find that doesn't having me getting tunneled off hook and camped, long queue times and for killer, toxic survivors, gen rushing with swfs usually rank 1. (I held rank 3 for a killer for 3 games before i've dropped and ever since I've been around rank 6 to 5) I play with a full stack usually with good friends of mine and I still can't enjoy this game. I have all perks on survivor and killers and routinely try to run different perks set but even so I can't without any above happening. The reason I'm posting this on dbd forums is I'm calling out to those dbd players like me that have been facing these challenges such as mine. I want to know other peoples perspective so I can understand why dbd is like what it is and if we can change it together. thanks have a good day!

    It just brings out the worst in everyone. Toxic cycle continues as always.

  • @OtakaChan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/266077/i-love-this-game-type-but-hate-this-game

    It just brings out the worst in everyone. Toxic cycle continues as always.

    that is so true. If killers do anything toxic then survivor complain and bring ds, unbreakable, everything a killer hates. and the same goes for survivors, killers will bring perks that survivors hate noed, etc. At the end, not one side is going to stop, its only going to keep going. These days if i'm not running the perks killers hate i'm just seen as stupid and same goes for killers. Perks sets for both survivors and killers will never change without significant balancing from the dev team. But we see no side of fixing with the devs.

  • @Mazoobi said:

    I think most of the community has a love & hate relationship with this game.

    Yup. Because I wanna play a game like dbd that's not dbd. Like this style of game is so interesting but dbd is just...miserable a lot of the time.

    Wish there were more games like dbd that don't die in weeks of their release.

  • I am in love with this game, but I am in that honeymoon phase. Having played Overwatch for 5 years, I know EXACTLY how you feel. And, well, I guess I would recommend that you do what I did and find a new game you can love while you take a break from your forever girl.

  • When I start feeling like that I take a break, when the anniversary hit I was a bit disenchanted and wasn't feeling it due to either burn out or facing Nemesis 100 games in a row and killer queues being long af due to the massive influx of RE fans playing killer, so I picked up Horizon Zero Dawn on the steam sale and spent most of my gaming time playing that. Single player games give me a good break from DBD for a bit until I feel like getting back into it. Usually that break has to happen around rank reset or towards the end of the rift for me because I'm just bored/exhausted by DBD or it's community. Thankfully they extended the event so I was able to get the crowns on the rest of my killers and dump BP into survivors to get more cakes for later.

  • I think this game needs some casual mode too. So people could just mess around and not taking it too seriously even if they lose since they wont derank.

    Ranked mode should stay as well with some cosmetics or charm rewards for players to motivate them playing more competitive if they choose to do so.