Survivor communication idea to balance around:
Okay so, we all know solo queue is horrendous, and SWF is insanely powerful in the right moments, so I have an idea to try and bridge that gap a little bit.
In Deathgarden: Bloodharvest, teammates could press Q to create a quick prompt/notification to all other allies.
It wasn't typed out or anything, and it was quick. What it seemingly did was find the nearest objective/danger and alert others to it, with a visual alert from the direction it came from.
So why not add that to DBD and proceed to balance around this heightened communication between teams?
Possibly something like pressing Q for: (Although I think a 30 second cooldown may be appropriate for this mechanic)
- "Dull totem!" within 2 meters of a totem.
- "Help!" when being chased by the killer.
- "Generator!" when working on a generator
And so forth, but just simple little text alerts in the corner, with a killer instinct like feature for survivors.
Might be worth doing and then balancing around?
Key word being BALANCE AROUND, this is not intended to be a buff to survivors with no repercussion.
Comments
Not going to lie, when I started researching this game and learned that in 5 years they never added basic communication wheels... Well, I was shocked to say the least. Heck, I don't even believe this would be too crazy to be added without balancing around it. I already play against SWFs and red ranks anyway. This wouldn't even be enough to compensate for the solo queue experience, imo.
Yeah honestly, I think it would be nice too. I almost feel bad for survivors some times because you can just tell how lost they are without a coordinated team.