Keys

When the ######### are you going to rework this bullshit mechanic? It's been almost a YEAR since you nerfed moris into irrelevance yet keys remain untouched. Better yet just disable the entire damn item, I know you can with a simple change because you did it to the RPD map offering. Just turn this trash off because there is nothing more infuriating than busting your ass to stop gens from being done only to watch 3 people escape after you finally get a kill because PRETTYGOODJOBSOFAR.

Comments

  • "almost a year"... Moris got nerfed in December. It is just a little bit more than half a year.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    "almost a year"... Moris got nerfed in December. It is just a little bit more than half a year.

    Moris and Keys used to balance each other quite nicely. Much the same way old BNP and Mori balanced each other out back in the day. They should have never nerfed Moris so badly and left keys exactly the same. There should have been a rework done on them both at the same time. Now, Moris are almost useless. The only thing they prevent is a potential DS at endgame, a stun save, or similar to stop a Killer from getting that last hook.

    If there wasn't an achievement linked to using a key, they would probably have been nerfed long ago. I'd imagine it's difficult changing out achievements on console though. This is probably why they haven't done anything with them even though they have promised multiple times to balance them better. At this point, it's a waste of time trying to get them to do anything though, obviously they have better things to do than fix a broken mechanic.

  • @Mringasa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356583#Comment_2356583

    Moris and Keys used to balance each other quite nicely. Much the same way old BNP and Mori balanced each other out back in the day. They should have never nerfed Moris so badly and left keys exactly the same. There should have been a rework done on them both at the same time. Now, Moris are almost useless. The only thing they prevent is a potential DS at endgame, a stun save, or similar to stop a Killer from getting that last hook.

    If there wasn't an achievement linked to using a key, they would probably have been nerfed long ago. I'd imagine it's difficult changing out achievements on console though. This is probably why they haven't done anything with them even though they have promised multiple times to balance them better. At this point, it's a waste of time trying to get them to do anything though, obviously they have better things to do than fix a broken mechanic.

    I mean, they should have nerfed both at the same time. However, if this was not possible, I am always happy if at least one broken thing is out of the game. And I have seen Moris far more often than Keys.

    I am also fine with Moris being useless. They should just be an animation, nothing more.

    And well, you cannot really compare Moris to Keys IMO. Keys are much weaker than old Moris. Old BNPs are compareable to old Moris, but thats about it. Took them way too long to nerf Moris in the first place.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    "almost a year"... Moris got nerfed in December. It is just a little bit more than half a year.

    Who. Cares? It's been over 6 months then, that's an okay time frame for you is it? Like it or not, moris use to keep keys in check, very few people would bring a key because there was a very likely chance the killer would put on a mori and tunnel them out of the game asap. That determent is now gone and there is no reason to not bring a key now. Why not bring one, it's a free escape after you and your team FAIL, what can the killer do? Bring Franklins? Well how about I just last second switch at 6s then.

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356583#Comment_2356583

    Who. Cares? It's been over 6 months then, that's an okay time frame for you is it? Like it or not, moris use to keep keys in check, very few people would bring a key because there was a very likely chance the killer would put on a mori and tunnel them out of the game asap. That determent is now gone and there is no reason to not bring a key now. Why not bring one, it's a free escape after you and your team FAIL, what can the killer do? Bring Franklins? Well how about I just last second switch at 6s then.

    Not sure if it is really a fail, if multiple people escape with a Key, the Survivors did the majority of the Objective.

    And no, I dont get Keys very often. The only time where I had an increased number of Key Escapes in my games was when they bugged the Spawnrate. And even old Moris would not have changed anything here, because I would not have equipped it, since the Survivors did not bring a Key but found it.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356634#Comment_2356634

    Not sure if it is really a fail, if multiple people escape with a Key, the Survivors did the majority of the Objective.

    And no, I dont get Keys very often. The only time where I had an increased number of Key Escapes in my games was when they bugged the Spawnrate. And even old Moris would not have changed anything here, because I would not have equipped it, since the Survivors did not bring a Key but found it.

    The fact you are defending keys means you are a one trick pony who only plays survivor, anyone who even plays killer for 10% of their playtime and even most 100% survivor mains know this item is bs and needs a major rework, only people who defend it are people who like using it. Hmm...

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356639#Comment_2356639

    The fact you are defending keys means you are a one trick pony who only plays survivor, anyone who even plays killer for 10% of their playtime and even most 100% survivor mains know this item is bs and needs a major rework, only people who defend it are people who like using it. Hmm...

    I never use Keys and I even said in another post that they should have changed both at the same time. But I also dont cry about Key as much as others and blow this problem up to insane proportions.

    And nah, in fact, my Killer Rank is higher than my Survivor Rank, I was not able to reach Rank 1 as Survivor for whatever reason this time. But Killer was as easy as always to get to Rank 1.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356634#Comment_2356634

    Not sure if it is really a fail, if multiple people escape with a Key, the Survivors did the majority of the Objective.

    And no, I dont get Keys very often. The only time where I had an increased number of Key Escapes in my games was when they bugged the Spawnrate. And even old Moris would not have changed anything here, because I would not have equipped it, since the Survivors did not bring a Key but found it.

    Right...if there are 4 Survivors, the hatch actually doesn't appear until 5 gens are done anyway, does it? Or 1 gen left at most...

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2356639#Comment_2356639

    The fact you are defending keys means you are a one trick pony who only plays survivor, anyone who even plays killer for 10% of their playtime and even most 100% survivor mains know this item is bs and needs a major rework, only people who defend it are people who like using it. Hmm...

    I play Killer 20%-25% of the time, and I don't have a real problem with keys. They suck sometimes, but that's the way it goes.

    I don't use them much anyway, unless for a challenge/achievement. It can be fun to find one in a chest, though. Managed to find one the other night against Wraith at the Saloon, he had the other Survivor hooked, had hit me once, I couldn't save her, but while running to try and get those last chase points, what do you suppose I tripped over? =)

  • At this point, I think all the small key nerfs are the actual key nerf the devs are talking about. Just 2 more nerfs & I wouldn't be surprised if the devs said keys are balanced now.