How often do you face Red Rank Survivors?

I've noticed in many of my matches, getting paired with a Red Ranked Killer, sometimes Rank 1 but, all the Survivors are Purple or higher.

What is the point of a ranking system that doesn't separate the levels of play?

I've heard things about a MMR system but, nobody seems to know how that works either.

Comments

  • Being rank 1 killer I notice the later in the night it is, the higher the likelyhood of me getting more diverse ranks, mostly green though I do get matched against yellows every now and then. During daytime things are mostly fine (by that I mean the worst that can happen is me getting 4 purple ranks).

  • All the time, every match.

  • During the day time it’s like one out of every 5/6 games, in the evening it becomes one out of every 4 games.

    One weekend nights, it feels like all it is every other match.

  • The ranks can go 6 ranks in either diection. So if youre rank 6 you could be with rank 1s or rank 12s.

    It can go beyond that too ifcit needs to.

    I dont know the specifics but it prioritizes rank, ping and wait time. Not just rank.

    Long time ago, it used to ONLY match you up with people in your color. People in red ranks woukd have 30 min to an hour ques (because there isnt that many of us, especially back then), so theyd end up depipping themselves on purpose just to be able to play, this happened ALOT and became a pretty big problem. If im remembering right this lead to a few changes. Dc penalty, rank reset only taking you back 1 color instead of 2, and them fiddeling with how things are prioritized