Losing and Winning
If I 3k a game but the game says you can cant let anyone escape; do I lose than?
If I 3k a game but the game says you can cant let anyone escape; do I lose than?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You decide for yourself what you consider a 'win' or 'loss'. In my opinion, if you had fun, you should consider that a win regardless of how many hooks/kills you got. Personally, when I'm learning unfamiliar killers, I also consider having half the possible total hooks (so 6 or more) decent performance and a personal victory. On killers I'm more familiar with, I consider 2 kills and 2 escapes a 'tie' and 3 or more kills a win.
Others might use the pipping (ranking) system as an indicator of win/loss, with pipping up indicating a victory, pipping down indicating a loss, and no change ('safety pipping') as more of a tie - however this system is a bit dodgy and you can definitely safety pip or even depip when you've done a very commendable job as killer.
i just realize something, when results come in you get that one thing that tells you if you displease entity or not too. Derp
Yes, that corresponds to the 'pipping' system I mentioned in my earlier comment. Entity Displeased = depip, Brutal Killer = safety pip, Ruthless Killer = 1 pip up, Merciless Killer = 2 pips up.
Exactly what I think. 0k is an utter defeat, 4k is a flawless victory, 2k is a tie.
Since the ranking system is broken and it's far too easy to pip below red ranks, I could not see myself as using pips to determine win/loss conditions.
I'm not saying those that do see pips as winning or losing are wrong though. Since the devs won't tell us, we have to decide for ourselves.
i sorta tend to go on the ranking system, as other people have mentioned. But I aim for 20-32k for BP, since that is literally ALL that matters in this game because earning BP earns shards, which all go towards leveling and getting perks.
4 BBQ stacks is win and 0-3 is lose