Why do survivors escape trappers traps so quickly

Was playing as trapper and had 2 survivors escape traps within 5 seconds of being caught

Comments

  • It's sort of normal.

    Each escape attempt takes 1.8 sec. Each time their chance to succeed is 1/6 untill the 6th try when it becomes 100%.

    I did some calculations in excel cause your question got me interested. Disregarding the getting caught animation duration (which I just don't know), the average time survivor spends trapped is 7.18seconds. Odds distribution is not quite linear - in 41% cases it's 10.8 seconds; in 31% - 3.6s or less.

    Edit: minor calculation error

  • Could have been a duo freeing eachother

  • I had an add on that decreases their chance of escaping and they still did escape easily.

  • @TripleSteal said:

    It's sort of normal.

    Each escape attempt takes 1.8 sec. Each time their chance to succeed is 1/6 untill the 7th try when it becomes 100%.

    I did some calculations in excel cause your question got me interested. Disregarding the getting caught animation duration (which I just don't know), the average time survivor spends trapped is 7.79 seconds. Odds distribution is not quite linear - in 52% of cases it's 7.2 sec or less; in 31% - 3.6s or less.

    So what was the reason why the traps only last such a short time

  • @theblimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2350798#Comment_2350798

    So what was the reason why the traps only last such a short time

    I'm not quite sure I understand correctly what you're asking, but if I do - they just got a bit lucky.

    They didn't have to be extremely lucky, the odds are not too low; so it happens naturally every once in a while.

  • All about that Luck:p

    If your trap catches someone out of sight and escapes quickly it’s also possible they were running in pairs so a teammate freed them.

    If I’m in a duo I’ll run in front as a human land mine detonator.. in solo I run behind lol.. I trust myself more in regards to freeing them and being willing to take a hit than if the role was reversed.