A Cheating Spirit

I was just on a match in The Game against a Spirit (Said Spirit was being played by a Twitch streamer, who I won't name as per forum rules). Near the basement with the 2 pallets, both pallets had been dropped while the Spirit was outside of them, which in turn should have forced her to break at least one of them to get to me, she is somehow able to phase STRAIGHT THROUGH a pallet without breaking it and hit me. Not only that, when I ran to one of the pallets to vault over it, my character starts glitch-floating over the pallet. I have no idea if this was a hack or if maybe it was some kind of lag switch causing this. Other weird little things started happening like a locker grab aura freezing in place for the whole match or the animation of my character being picked straight not up not happening and I teleport to a hook 5 seconds after getting down (No wiggle prompt shown).

Comments

  • This is not the place to report a cheater. Did you report them in game?

  • @GannTM said:

    This is not the place to report a cheater. Did you report them in game?

    Through the in game one, yes. I do understand this isn't the place for reporting it, which is why opted not to name and shame as that's against the rules in the forums. I just thought I'd share it and see what everyone else thought of it.

  • It’s retaliation for the upcoming stridor nerf. Lol.

  • Had the generator in the bathroom beside the basement been repaired?

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Had the generator in the bathroom beside the basement been repaired?

    No, none of the generators had been done and 2 people had already DC'd by then

  • @LegionOfDumb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349806#Comment_2349806

    No, none of the generators had been done and 2 people had already DC'd by then

    Yeah, that's absolutely hacking then. Those doors the generator opens are the only way to get through the pallets without breaking them.

  • @LegionOfDumb said:

    I was just on a match in The Game against a Spirit (Said Spirit was being played by a Twitch streamer, who I won't name as per forum rules). Near the basement with the 2 pallets, both pallets had been dropped while the Spirit was outside of them, which in turn should have forced her to break at least one of them to get to me, she is somehow able to phase STRAIGHT THROUGH a pallet without breaking it and hit me. Not only that, when I ran to one of the pallets to vault over it, my character starts glitch-floating over the pallet. I have no idea if this was a hack or if maybe it was some kind of lag switch causing this. Other weird little things started happening like a locker grab aura freezing in place for the whole match or the animation of my character being picked straight not up not happening and I teleport to a hook 5 seconds after getting down (No wiggle prompt shown).

    The reason spirit could go the other side of the pallet is because she phase before you could drop the pallet.

    All the other thing are simple lag are you on console

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Had the generator in the bathroom beside the basement been repaired?

    Yeah was gonna ask this, cause if it was, then she had more room to go around

  • @bibibib8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/265173/a-cheating-spirit

    The reason spirit could go the other side of the pallet is because she phase before you could drop the pallet.

    All the other thing are simple lag are you on console

    No because both pallets were down before she even stopped moving to go into phasing. Not to mention the part where I somehow ran OVER a pallet like a weird glitchy hill. I also constantly check in a match how high my ping is, and it never went above 60. Also my console is PS5, so I don't have any frame rate issues causing this.

  • @LegionOfDumb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2349824#Comment_2349824

    No because both pallets were down before she even stopped moving to go into phasing. Not to mention the part where I somehow ran OVER a pallet like a weird glitchy hill. I also constantly check in a match how high my ping is, and it never went above 60. Also my console is PS5, so I don't have any frame rate issues causing this.

    Ok because honestly when that kind of thing happen most of the time its because of lag and thing like that. I read on another post that the server had some difficulty too it could be that. If not you need to have a video of the cheater when you submit your report and dont expect any feedback after the report because they dont give any to the point you are wondering if they receive it

  • I have run into many of these 'cheaters', but they have all been survivors. Report it, and save video if you can. If you put that video on twitter or youtube or the like you can share that with the DBD team. Search where to report cheater in the forums and you'll find a post with a mod response. It is basically a ticket that you turn in and give them a link to your video... It is an awful lot of work just to get these people out of the game though.

    Just the past couple of weeks I've had a Bill get up after I downed him, a Steve with infinite sprint, and a few bond-troll survivors that think it is okay to work with the killer.