Ptb trickster (take this post with a grain of salt)

Take this whole post with a grain of salt, as this is the first day of the ptb and I am a console player, so I have no experience against Trickster so I'll be combining people's views on him currently, this is also a massive post so I am sorry



What I have noticed

He is exactly what I expected, he was going to be unbuffable without making him a brute in the chase and be incredibly unfun, now it's gonna be hard to nerf this form of him, kind of like old legion, he is gonna need a rework, but not to his knives exactly but to his...

Main Event

Make his knives take 6 knives to down and reduce his total knives to 50, revert the amount of knives needed to activate Main Event back to 20 (this is my plan for making his main event feel like an ultimate) his Main Event will disable his knives for the duration of 20 seconds, however his movement speed is increased in it (125%) and all survivors get a hud effect alerting everyone that he is currently in main event. His heart beat becomes map wide and he loses his killer stain, he will lose his main event when stunned in any way. Any hit performed in main event instantly recovers his attack by 40%, hitting a survivor in main event will make every survivor scream across the map and enter a new state of main event


Finale

Finale is triggered after hitting one survivor in main event, you can no longer hit the previously injured survivor however one of the survivors who screamed will now become the obsession and their aura will be revealed for 5 seconds. The next hit upon that survivor will down them instantly and will end Finale. Knives will be re-enabled however you won't be able to gain progress main event unless you injure a survivor with your knives. Finale lasts for 45 second seconds, any missed attack inside of finale will reduce it by 5 seconds, hitting someone else inside of finale will end the finale, but will put the hit survivors into deaths door



Death's door

This is a version of the Old Borrowed Time, however balanced to feel more fair and be a more brutal version of deep wounds


Death's door will tick constantly outside and cannot be mended inside the heart beat, repairing generators/doing totems/healing survivors/unhooking survivors/opening gates will progress the Death's door meter by 200%. Death's door will cause the survivor to enter the dying state after 10 seconds, any of the above mentioned actions will progress the timer in the heart beat if performed, making it important to remove this status effect or else be punished

You can only mend yourself, if you are oblivious or if the killer is undetectable, it will instead be within 32 meters. It takes 7 seconds to mend within death's door



This rework is probably one of the more complicated reworks I have done and I will admit, it could be problematic, BUT


If people like my concept for Death's door, I might choose to make it apart of borrowed time or legion in the future of my reworks

Comments

  • PTB Trickster seems like a killer that takes 25 seconds instead of 30 seconds to down people.

  • So, it's what I said when he released. He's anorher Legion.

    Can't buff him without making him P A I N to play against, but he's super weak without buffs.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    PTB Trickster seems like a killer that takes 25 seconds instead of 30 seconds to down people.

    According to what I have read and seen, apparently he results in chases being basically unwinnable in everyway, while still not having any sort of map pressure, resulting in his weakness still being the same as usual

  • @Pulsar said:

    So, it's what I said when he released. He's anorher Legion.

    Can't buff him without making him P A I N to play against, but he's super weak without buffs.

    Exactly, hence why I added a rework I wanted for his main event while nerfing his knives a bit so he doesn't feel as painful to face, I didn't want to decrease his knives too far but I was thinking either 50 or 45 for the rework I did

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2344306#Comment_2344306

    According to what I have read and seen, apparently he results in chases being basically unwinnable in everyway, while still not having any sort of map pressure, resulting in his weakness still being the same as usual

    Yeah, that's my experience playing as Trickster right now. I have no idea why people don't get that, its like they turn their brain off and bow to the Opinion Of The Masses the moment they get to a maze tile instead of actually using his power.

    This buff doesn't change a thing except making him slightly easier.

  • @Pulsar said:

    So, it's what I said when he released. He's anorher Legion.

    Can't buff him without making him P A I N to play against, but he's super weak without buffs.

    Well this is a weird predicament that they are in