I hate suggestions but. ... what if?
Hey, would it be too powerful if prestige was used in this way:
Each level of prestige would make one of the character's specific perks base kit for that character. This would mean that a prestige 3 character would have all three of their 'default' perks PLUS four perk slots to fill in.
Too much?
Comments
Terrible idea that will never happen.
Suddenly no one prestiges Wraith because Predator is actually harmful. Same with David. And possibly Laurie.
Yeah... it's not a terrible idea but there's enough perks that are actually harmful to run that I don't think they'd go for it. Cool idea, but probably won't happen. Also... This would cause some massive balancing problems. Literally everybody now plays as Bill for free BT and Unbreakable.
It's too much and also bad if you like characters that have perks that either conflict with others you want, or are just undesirable.
Like David? Better not prestige him or you're locked into No Mither. Like Meg but also like Lithe? Good luck using Lithe with Sprint Burst basekit. Meanwhile Bill gets Borrowed Time + Unbreakable for free.
Maybe make it at Prestige three one perk becomes basekit, and you get to choose it?
Every level you unlock another perk alongside the bloodied skin.
Some sort of passive effect would be a cool addition to prestige, but IDK what a balanced effect would be. It would be a nice incentive. I don't bother with prestige because the grind isn't worth it for a cosmetic I'll never wear.