Tips for escaping through the hatch with a Map?
Silly BHVR, maps don't open the hatch. You're thinking of keys!
It feels like another of those challenges designed to be MISERABLE for solo queue, but not too bad for SWF. Maps are pretty rare in the blood web, and you almost NEVER find them in chests. Then you have to HOPE your teammates actually leave once you make it to end game, and that you can find the hatch. Or you have to have a map, and then find a key, then leave the map at the hatch, and open the hatch with a key, grab the map, and jump through. And hope nobody takes your map.
Comments
I did this challange, i did with my 3rd game.
First i put Plunderer + Left Behind on my build. With this i found really so much maps.
Second i dodged all console lobies, i played with full pc players. I told them i have this challange and i said "Please leave and don't t-bag". And they did actually.
And then it was easy.
That's great for PC players who have pre-game chat. But for those of us on console, we can't do that. If I turn Crossplay off on PS5, I will never find a game. And then I have to direct message each of my teammates.
"Or you have to have a map, and then find a key, then leave the map at the hatch, and open the hatch with a key, grab the map, and jump through."
I very rarely use keys, but I thought you automatically escape when you open the hatch with a key.
Like, there is no way to grab the map after opening it with a key.
I have to admit I've been super lucky for this one. Everyone left in the same time, and I was on the hatch with my map in hands.
Okey let me give you one tip, maybe that's works. Use plunderer, join game with map and use hatch offering. If you are lucky you will find key on one of the chests. Take key and hide somewhere well. Take your map back. And when hatch is spawn, find one of the survivors (Use Bond maybe for this). Let him take key. Lead him to hatch. And then you both will escape.
Try this, maybe this will work.
Well finally got it. Used the add-on to help find the hatch, one teammate sadly got tunneled to death. But the rest of us just focused on generators, and the other two left and I hopped through the hatch. Very stressful to do as a solo though, without being able to explain to my teammates what I need to do.
it is not that hard. you just need good map knowledge. if you have that and find hatch its not a problem. Dominate a game then get hatch when people leave if you have to, or get a friend with a key.... regardless very easy
I'm still trying it, myself. I'm running a pink map, Left Behind, Bond, Iron Will, and Sole Survivor (in case of BBQ). So far, no dice, but can't lose out hope.
I'd recommend the addon that lets you track hatch over Left Behind. Also wouldn't advocate Sole Survivor. Ideally you want your team to just leave or get chased out. I hid in a locker while my team left. It helps if the killer has a one-shot that they might be afraid of.
Think Hope or Self-Preservation would be better?
Left behind + green map. Hope your team stomps the killer and wait by the hatch after the last gen is done. You can use a Hatch Offering instead of Left behind.
I'd say use perks you know will help you survive. You have to play a little selfishly and stick to generators. You can offer a hatch location offering, but then the killer will know where the hatch is. That's why I prefer the add-on that shows you the hatch location.
I appreciate the tips! Let's hope we can both get it soon!
i play console.
brought a rainbow map, killer dc'd a minute in - legion on hawkins i dunno why. it counted as escape.
3rd match trapper let me go with hatch very nice of him he killed us. i brought in a rain bow map again. used ward offering every time