Tinkerer - Tilt

How do you prevent yourself from becoming tilted by the sound of tinkerer procs going off? Its a seemingly strong perk, but lately its just been so annoying listening to tinkerer going off at 2-3 different spots within seconds of each other. Or be in the first 20 seconds of a match with a BNP and a gen is already tinkering, as a side note why is all gen defense literal garbage besides ruin? I've been using Pop playing as clown these last few days and I've never once gotten value out of it.

Comments

  • Don't run tinkerer unless you're a high mobility killer that can actually reach the generators within that last 30%.

    Thrilling Tremors is a much better pair for Pop. You either see which gens are being worked on (from 0 to 100%, not just the last 30%) or you stop survivors from repairing the gen while you hook and buys you time to get to the gen to Pop it.

  • Not going to lie, so many beginners guides recommend tinkerer and pop, but I just run Ruin only because, well, yeah, I more or less agree with you. The chance to get value of of these is too limited, at least for me with that baby game sense.

  • Tinkerer is only good on high mobility killers, like Blight.

    For normal M1 killer, tinkerer is the best way to lose your sanity when you watching it go off multiple times at once and have no way of stopping the gen anyways.

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    How do you prevent yourself from becoming tilted by the sound of tinkerer procs going off? Its a seemingly strong perk, but lately its just been so annoying listening to tinkerer going off at 2-3 different spots within seconds of each other. Or be in the first 20 seconds of a match with a BNP and a gen is already tinkering, as a side note why is all gen defense literal garbage besides ruin? I've been using Pop playing as clown these last few days and I've never once gotten value out of it.

    Same for me just like Discordance. Having 2 or 3 different gens explode in the distance screaming: "Help, we're getting rushed!" makes me rather uneasy. That's why I don't really like those gen info Perks except Surveillance. This guy doesn't explode all the time and gives me good info, but still.. I rarely use it. I'll stick with my Shadowborn/Corrupt/BBQ and Perk of Choice.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Tinkerer is only good on high mobility killers, like Blight.

    For normal M1 killer, tinkerer is the best way to lose your sanity when you watching it go off multiple times at once and have no way of stopping the gen anyways.

    This. I made this mistake when I first bought the game. I think all new players have to go through this. I feel bad when I see killers breaking off chase with me to try and stop a gen far away, then watch them ping pong back and forth. I remember how frustrating that was.