Would these small changes make Spirit a bit more balanced?
I think her power would be a bit more balanced if the survivors could hear her footsteps a bit louder and her... moaning?... while she's phasing. And that the survivors would be given the same audio sound when her power is fully recharged again, just like she does. And at a certain distance, the survivors will be able to hear the cracking sound when starts phasing just like she does.
I don't know if this would make her too weak or if it even would make a change at all.
What are your thoughts?
Comments
This is kinda how it was on her PTB and Spirit was known as a mid tier killer
You were able to tell when she was phasing even in the terror radius, her footsteps were loud and the woosh was directional
Oh. I didn't know that
Yeah she needs a complete rework
This is what I would do: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/263326/my-attempt-at-a-spirit-rework
Right. The problem is that she becomes either trash or god tier thanks to minor tweaks to her sounds. It's just a bad gameplay concept for a power.
The fact that IW or Stridor being in play have such a huge impact on her matches is ridicolous.
And the complete lack of actual interaction between her and survivors combined with the one-sided guessing game makes chases very dull and not very satisfying to play.
The suggested rework I posted addresses these problems
Just finished reading it. Pretty good.
Honestly all I want is for her to be more dynamic like other killers. Right now playing Spirit feels like playing a single player game, I've played her maybe once this year because I just find her so dull.
It's a shame you can't really discuss it on here without people going "REEEEEEEE BUT THE 1% SWF/YOU JUST WANNA NERF HER".
At most what they can do is rework her add-ons and an indication of if she's phasing not where she's phasing.
Yeah, it really is a shame that people have that mentality.
Since Ive been going on a streak of killer reworks Ive been brainstorming ways to rework the flow of a trial and game in general to make SWF not have nearly as much of an advantage over Solo Q
Do you think an indication of wether she's phasing not where she's phasing would butcher her kit?
Unfortunately yes, Spirit is strong because she gives no feedback, there's no real room for counterplay, you just guess and hope the killer isn't very smart. She's strong like how Nurse is strong because she ignores mechanics that other killers are forced to play around.
On the other hand those 2 being the strongest I think says a lot about dbd chase/map design.
Best thing would be to give her a Nurse-style fatigue if she fully depletes her spirit gauge.
This will then force players to hold off on simply holding phase for as long as possible, and encourage the use of phasing in small bursts, like intended.
This raises her skill ceiling a little, meaning the killer will take more skill to use. Still not as much as Nurse, but she won't be "braindead easy if you just have a headset" anymore.
Man, but I think it won't because because while yes you'll know she's phasing you won't know where she's phasing still leaving the guessing design of her in play. For example say you two are racing to a pallet you phase survivor is notified you can use that to have the survivor double back or still get ahead. Still leaving the guessing in her.
I think omnidirectional moaning would be pretty neat. It gets louder or quieter, but it doesn't let you know what angle she's coming from.
That way, you'd know to get ready to make a play, but she still has advantage of determining the attack vector.