killers need 10 more seconds to get ready
Getting real tired of survivors in the lobby screen switching to a key at the 5th second.
And then of course I can't do anything about it because the game locks me out of editing my own loadout to find a way to combat this key problem.
killers need an extra 10 seconds
Comments
Hello, my lord.
I suppose the best they could do is lock characters, items, and add-ons while in the lobby. It's only fair.
Just tunnel the key wielder down. It's a viable strat.
Then the next survivor will pick up the key, you going to tunnel them too? You lose a lot of generators by tunneling as well, and sacrificing a survivor decreases the amount of completed generators needed to spawn the hatch in.
Here's the formula: Spawning Hatch
(Survivors Alive) < (Generators Completed)
If this statement becomes true, the hatch spawns in. Sacrificing a survivor means they need to do few generators to spawn it in.
What's my point? Killers don't have a realistic strategy against keys. It's a lose-lose and we just lost Franklin's due to a previous patch. We can't even the odds by changing our loadouts if they switch last second. It's just ridiculous. We shouldn't have to tunnel survivors, it's boring and no one likes it. Keys should've been reworked, so that both sides can be happy. It's getting pretty exhausting that keys are still a problem, and haven't been addressed yet, then they have been getting worse because our counterplay options are getting removed. I might sound like I'm just ranting, and I'm sorry for doing so, but I know that what I'm saying is true. They could've at least made a temporary solution while they worked on a final, fun solution, like they did with Ebony and Ivory Mori — yet they didn't.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the developers. In fact, I love the developers and would do anything to support them, but some things that they do isn't making any sense. This is one of them, I just hope that they see this and understand my (and to an extent, our) frustrations. I know, they are under a lot of pressure and-or have priorities, but I'm just disappointed with how they handled the whole key situation.
Yeah, that's true, it also happens that three would last second switch to three falshlights.
The killer might not always get the 10 seconds, but if a survivor changes their character/item in the last 10 seconds, the killer would get 15 additional seconds to unready/change loadout, or if several survivors change last second, I wouldn't mind if the killer would be allowed to switch the killer or default to a nurse slug build
No one should be able to change anything after find a lobby, just 30 seconds to press ready/leave.
They can't allow killers to switch, because of MMR.
But I think items and survivors should be locked in looby already, so killer can prepare for it. Flashlights/keys/cosmetics/maps. I mean, when I see map, I definetly don't want to use hexes.
Yeah, I know, but if three survivors switch items last second/to same character+cosmetic, they know exactly what they're doing and it would be only fair to get them nursed. Or at least to switch to your comfort killer. Also they're likely on coms, which means the MMR should be way higher anyways as they "gain" several additional perks
Well, even if you couldn't switch killer, you could at least bring stronger perks/addons/mori