Event idea- ask the community to vote for their favourite realm and add a new map to it

I've waited a year for a new map and I'm so disapointed that it was instantly disabled so I had a thought...

Create a new map for an old realm- no need to create new assets or other complications just take something that works and make some tweaks and additions. A vote would also be great community engagement and make us feel listened to and hyped to play a map that was built for us. Not Capcom, not Konami but us- the fans who love the game.

*Only realms with 1 or 2 maps would qualify and licensed maps would also be excluded.

Comments

  • It would be hard, I'm not sure wich original realm I hate less.

    My vote would probably go for Glendale.

  • Nah I wouldn't let this community decide anything. The last thing this game needs is another bad map to get played on

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Nah I wouldn't let this community decide anything. The last thing this game needs is another bad map to get played on

    You feel that Midwich and Racoon have good layouts? Also we wouldn't design the map just choose the realm.

    So far every licensed map ends up being unpopular. Killers hate Haddonfield, survivors hate indoor maps.

  • To be perfectly honest, I would HATE to have to have a chance of going to yet another corn map.

    But I wouldn't mind seeing a map based around Blight, Twins, and Trickster. Since we never got anything from them.

  • red forest map. and I want this to be the map.

    image.png

    Yeah when I say forest I'm not talking about the tiny little things we have right now I'm talking everything is natural, untouched by man except for the shack a couple t-walls the generators and the pallets everything else is natural. the vaults are in natural objects such as fallen logs or extremely thick brush. pallets are placed between natural objects like pairs of trees or a tree and a bush. the breakable walls (if any) are apart of thick clumps of plant-life.

  • @HaunterofShadows Sounds interesting. Could add a cave or rock formation in place of a main building.

    @DelsKibara Coldwind wouldn't qualify because it has more than 2 maps already.

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    red forest map. and I want this to be the map.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GHDS2JLJ0M45/image.png

    Yeah when I say forest I'm not talking about the tiny little things we have right now I'm talking everything is natural, untouched by man except for the shack a couple t-walls the generators and the pallets everything else is natural. the vaults are in natural objects such as fallen logs or extremely thick brush. pallets are placed between natural objects like pairs of trees or a tree and a bush. the breakable walls (if any) are apart of thick clumps of plant-life.

    It would be cool. To sum it up, we need more atmospheric maps.

  • I've always wanted a 2nd map in lerys realm

  • @HaunterofShadows said:

    red forest map. and I want this to be the map.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/GHDS2JLJ0M45/image.png

    Yeah when I say forest I'm not talking about the tiny little things we have right now I'm talking everything is natural, untouched by man except for the shack a couple t-walls the generators and the pallets everything else is natural. the vaults are in natural objects such as fallen logs or extremely thick brush. pallets are placed between natural objects like pairs of trees or a tree and a bush. the breakable walls (if any) are apart of thick clumps of plant-life.

    We dont need another backwater swamp! That map sucks enough and this would be way too similar to that

  • @Troman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2332858#Comment_2332858

    It would be cool. To sum it up, we need more atmospheric maps.

    its why I hate the map reworks. less atmospheric