I don't get other survivors
I usually only play survivor, but other survivors actually baffle me.
I recently had a game where I was death hook and I was expected to go save the other person. Like yes, I'ma go save someone else when I'm gonna die and probably slugged for the 4k. I ended up just hiding and just waiting for the killer to close hatch because i had no idea where it was nor did i have a clue if it spawned yet, but it didn't happen oh well. I just did what I could that game, whether do gens, unhook people if I was able to, pick up others and heal them, etc with the hopes I could get the crown for my main which I didn't, but I still have time to get it for her.
But what baffled me is the fact I got told I'm a waste of life, sh*tty player, trash, etc by my own teammates because I didn't save and just hid (all while i'm essentially just as much dead as they are).
Maybe I was wrong for this, what am I supposed to do? Go try and save only to be smacked and hooked on the way there? And if by a miracle, I did manage to get her and fully heal my teammate, we had 2 gens to do. It wasn't realistic to think we could both make it out with two gens left.
Usually when I'm in this situation and I'm the one who is hooked and the other person is also injured or essentially just two of us, I just die because what's the point. the killer's goal is to kill all of us and if one person can get out whether through the doors or through hatch, that makes me happy. I mean its unfortunate they died and I wasn't able to get out with the crown either and we basically lost, but it really wasn't that big of a deal. They might of felt better if I just died trying to save the teammate on the hook, but nah.
Comments
At that point the usual expectation is you're just playing for bloodpoints at that juncture.
Something that tickles me about survivors is if you spare the last survivor I've had spectators complain in the post game chat, and if I meme around too much they want me to go at them harder. If I say sorry they want me to be mean.
I'm a very mobile killer and find camping very tedious and boring so I never have to deal with the negative fallout from that but I can just imagine the person on the other end of the screen screaming at me to beat them harder.
me etiher
You did the smart thing. You are not the problem; they were. And those are probably the same people who only have 'fun' when they're being chased so they constantly get in the Killer's face and make stupid plays for the lulz but then if the Killer doesn't want to meme around and actually tries to win they get mad.
Don't be like them. Play to win and expect no one else to play your way.
If it was just the two of you, yeah... They are insane.
If there was another person, they were probably made because you didn't bail out their SWF buddy.
It depends on the situation. If the killer was camping than rescuing is dumb. But if the killer is nowhere near the hook and your hiding by a wall not even looking for hatch or going for the safe than you are being a ######### player!
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to know when I don't have kindred on my main yet and it was a wraith so he could've been cloaked nearby and possibly near hatch because he closed it instantly, so I'm okay being a sh*t player.
I have been on that situtation, many, many times. Only 2 survivors alive, the other is hooked and there are still gens to be done, that we can't even finish. What to do? Sometimes I go for the save, but it's just a trade, with the killer coming for me next and then killing me with the other either dying too or getting the hatch. Other times, I let them die and look for the hatch. Unless there is a key in play and one of the survivors knows where the hatch is, there is no way for both of them to survive.
If I'm the one on the hook, I just let myself die and give a chance to the other player. Most times I see people holding on to the last second, even if they see me not coming to save them, maybe in hopes the killer finds me too, since I'm not coming for them. And of course there are times where the survivor is being slugged with the killer nearby, I don't try to save because I would be seen even before I could get close, then the killer picks the survivor, drops them and they get free, only to come to where I was, so they work with the killer to kill me and they live.
It's a though choice about what to do, but at least if you don't go for the save, either try to find the hatch or go to a gate. If the killer knows where the hatch is, between the time they get there, close the hatch and go for the gate, you might have had time to open it and that also has happened to me many times. Instead of going crazy looking for the hatch, I wait at a gate, which gets powered when the killer finds the hatch and if I'm lucky, he/she goes to the other gate first and I have time to open it and escape.