You'll know when this game is balanced...

When survivors stop teabagging.

Seriously, past few games. SWF with constant teabagging and BM.

You can tell it's not killer sided no matter how much they cry just because survivors still feel confident enough to act so cocky.

Let this be the litmus test for balance. The day the t-bag dies is the day we know this game is too killer sided, because then they won't have time to be doing any of that.

Comments

  • The game will be balnced when killers are so powerful that crouching is no longer a thing?

    Makes sense I guess :v 
  • No, when survivors lose their ego.
  • I don't know man. I am honestly getting bored with the game. Survivor is not very fun to play unless you are in a well coordinated SWF. Killing has gotten too easy unless facing a well-coordinated SWF.

    I ran a little experiment.

    I played 10 matches with my normal SWF (average players, at best) and we noticed an easy 40-50% drop in survival rate after the patch. It requires a lot of coordination to counter the patch nerfs. Such as sharing items back and forth, making sure you sabo hooks near generators, especially with so few pallets around. We had to start doing all the things that annoy the hell out of me as a killer in order to try and counter the drop off. It was not fun. It was like playing the game in a required manner, as opposed to taking whatever perks we want and whatever items we want and trying to survive. We had a roughly 30/70 survival rate (1-2 of us). That has now dropped to about 10% or less. With the new tactics, we can get back up to 25%.

    I then played solo. Not only did I not survive any of the matches (Rank 11-13), there was only 1 match in which the gates opened. In one other match, someone found the hatch.

    I struggled to find pallets, and found Lithe to be almost useless as too many vaults are too slow to risk anymore. Unless you are running straight to the window, it is too risky. Healing was horrendous. In the 20 matches above, 17 ran sloppy butcher, 12 ran Phobia, and the 2 Pigs made sure to have the hemorrhage effect on their traps. Healing was not only painfully slow, it was almost not worth the time at all. Only in the SWF was it worth it, and that required us teaming up on healing to make it worth stopping for.

    I then ran 10 matches with Trapper. I used Agitation (3), Sloppy Butcher (2), NOED (R2), and NC (3). The only addon I used was the one that removes damage from the trap and awards extra BP. (Sorry, can't remember the name.) Out of 10 matches, I had 1 opening of the gates, in which I still killed 3 of them, and 1 Hatch survivor. I found it almost too easy. People stayed injured, it was almost like running Devour and nobody finding it all game.

    We all yell back and forth about balance and who has it easy. The fact of the matter is, the game is losing its luster because we are too busy looking at it as killers vs survivor. We should be looking at it as SWF vs Solo, and High Rank play vs Low Rank play. That is the only way to balance this game correctly.

    Maybe I just need to take a break and hope the devs eventually wake up. Not like I'll miss much with the Halloween event - Ugh.

  • So you're saying you're bad.

    Instead of all this idiotic ######### like itemsharing just do the damn gens, I don't even heal up anymore if I get hurt and escape, I just rush the gens. Gentimes haven't been changed at all.

    This patch would be absolute hell for killers since just getting hit to get WGLF stacks when he's got somebody in his grasp is not viable anymore due to the heavy timeloss involved with healing now but I'm glad most survivors play this game to derp around with their friends.

    But then again if you derp around and the killer plays optimal well I guess you're gonna lose.

  • I don't know man. I am honestly getting bored with the game. Survivor is not very fun to play unless you are in a well coordinated SWF. Killing has gotten too easy unless facing a well-coordinated SWF.

    I ran a little experiment.

    I played 10 matches with my normal SWF (average players, at best) and we noticed an easy 40-50% drop in survival rate after the patch. It requires a lot of coordination to counter the patch nerfs. Such as sharing items back and forth, making sure you sabo hooks near generators, especially with so few pallets around. We had to start doing all the things that annoy the hell out of me as a killer in order to try and counter the drop off. It was not fun. It was like playing the game in a required manner, as opposed to taking whatever perks we want and whatever items we want and trying to survive. We had a roughly 30/70 survival rate (1-2 of us). That has now dropped to about 10% or less. With the new tactics, we can get back up to 25%.

    I then played solo. Not only did I not survive any of the matches (Rank 11-13), there was only 1 match in which the gates opened. In one other match, someone found the hatch.

    I struggled to find pallets, and found Lithe to be almost useless as too many vaults are too slow to risk anymore. Unless you are running straight to the window, it is too risky. Healing was horrendous. In the 20 matches above, 17 ran sloppy butcher, 12 ran Phobia, and the 2 Pigs made sure to have the hemorrhage effect on their traps. Healing was not only painfully slow, it was almost not worth the time at all. Only in the SWF was it worth it, and that required us teaming up on healing to make it worth stopping for.

    I then ran 10 matches with Trapper. I used Agitation (3), Sloppy Butcher (2), NOED (R2), and NC (3). The only addon I used was the one that removes damage from the trap and awards extra BP. (Sorry, can't remember the name.) Out of 10 matches, I had 1 opening of the gates, in which I still killed 3 of them, and 1 Hatch survivor. I found it almost too easy. People stayed injured, it was almost like running Devour and nobody finding it all game.

    We all yell back and forth about balance and who has it easy. The fact of the matter is, the game is losing its luster because we are too busy looking at it as killers vs survivor. We should be looking at it as SWF vs Solo, and High Rank play vs Low Rank play. That is the only way to balance this game correctly.

    Maybe I just need to take a break and hope the devs eventually wake up. Not like I'll miss much with the Halloween event - Ugh.

    10 matches is nothing! 😅... you need a lot more info then that... casual info is not truly valid imo at least I would not except it if I were a dev... marth88 did 3 experiments, 100 games for each experiment.. 50 games I think would be a decent amount of info.. 
  • Especially right after rank reset where you could face rank1 killers who roflstomp the ######### out of you. I deranked to 10 and I often let 4 ppl escape after I see 3 lying on the ground and the 4th one being downed the next sec so I still get to derank and have fun games.

  • Funny how rank reset could effect me as a survivor, but not a killer? I face rolled every team I came across, including SWFs using bs perks and no addons. You guys love to defend the changes you like, but never stop to think about the overall ramifications to the game long-term. The practice of across-the-board nerfs to all players of one side or the other, regardless of rank or SWF compilation, is the problem in and of itself.

    Wake up boys and girls. If they don't start looking at the game by group make-up and rank, this game will die. Already we have a shortage of new players, which is plainly obvious by the dead population in rank 16-20. No new players means no recruits to back-fill those who get bored with the game and quit.

  • "durr the game dies" https://steamcharts.com/app/381210#6m

    continues to grow

    The reason only survivors get nerfed is because duh, they are the ones that are currently overtuned as hell with the exception of nurse and billy who are themselves overtuned. It wouldn't make sense to nerf both sides or buff both sides because then you wouldn't change anything in the end.

  • The healing won't be bad if people adapt. We'll make it, Botany etc etc and heal each other.

    I can do really well with friends or good solo players this way.

    The problem is when you get put with people who refuse to heal or insist on self-care. It's really hard then.

    I'm hoping it's still early days and people adapt eventually.
  • I don't know, while playing Survivor I have noticed very little difference in team play styles. The only thing that was apparent is a majority of my team's people were running buff perks that can be extended to the other members. Now teammates are dipping in giving you their bonus and heading off again to solo elsewhere.
  • Tbagging will never die because it's a taunt and you have to expect that in a vs game.

  • benzos said:

    Tbagging will never die because it's a taunt and you have to expect that in a vs game.

    Yeah but look at how the Dwights act cocky and tbag you after every single pallet at the start of the game, compare that to the look of sheer horror on their face as you tunnel them for their third hook  ;)

    When they have some fear put into them it soon stops because they're too focused on staying alive.