stealth killers camping slugs

I've never seen this before today and now it's happened three times

Is this new meta I'm not aware of or just something special for the event?

At five gens, too. Much fun!

Comments

  • I don't think it's some new meta, I think you just got unlucky.

  • Slugging will always be meta camping a slug i see that rarely unless the slug have a key

  • Had a week before when playing with friends. Every ghost face we played camped and or tunneled. They were always on console and I'm like...What is this bullshit?? They're stealth so you can sneak up on someone not camp the first person you hooked.

  • I rarely see it myself, but it's nothing new. Also it's called baiting; killer is hoping for overly altruistic teammates to start a snowball before losing gens. Smart play if Survivors fall for it.

  • @Ramxenoc445 said:

    Had a week before when playing with friends. Every ghost face we played camped and or tunneled. They were always on console and I'm like...What is this bullshit?? They're stealth so you can sneak up on someone not camp the first person you hooked.

    Yep - two ghostfeces and one wraith on console.

    Slugging is hardly new, even at five gens, but this is weird.

    @DemonDaddy said:

    I rarely see it myself, but it's nothing new. Also it's called baiting; killer is hoping for overly altruistic teammates to start a snowball before losing gens. Smart play if Survivors fall for it.

    I don't really think it's overly altruistic though. At the start of the game with five gens to go, the killer immediately slugs, I'm going to get the person up if I can.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329800#Comment_2329800

    Yep - two ghostfeces and one wraith on console.

    Slugging is hardly new, even at five gens, but this is weird.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2329825#Comment_2329825

    I don't really think it's overly altruistic though. At the start of the game with five gens to go, the killer immediately slugs, I'm going to get the person up if I can.

    Your right to say a single survivor going for the pickup isn't overly altruistic. That's probably the best case scenario for solo squads.

    I would clarify that overly altruistic for me at least is when teammates don't wait for you to recover before rushing in or 2 come and perpetuate a cycle of trading places. If the killer is occupying more than 2 Survivors with a single down the situation can rapidly spiral in their favor.

    Of course there is a fine line of balance for the team to stay effective. I've also had teams where they hold off to long; waiting until Survivor #3 is slugged before going for the first.

  • Not only that I seen trolls using buba to exclusively face camp, more then I ever had in the past. I'm telling you some people just wanna troll and ruin the experience for us trying to earn a lot of points ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • I see it mostly with Ghostface and Wraith. Ghostface is only successful when slug doesn't reveal him.

  • @Trickstaaaaa said:

    Not only that I seen trolls using buba to exclusively face camp, more then I ever had in the past. I'm telling you some people just wanna troll and ruin the experience for us trying to earn a lot of points ๐Ÿ˜‚

    I was thinking it was an Insidious Bubba, but yeah, 2/3 Ghostfeces so far.

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    I've never seen this before today and now it's happened three times

    Is this new meta I'm not aware of or just something special for the event?

    At five gens, too. Much fun!

    It's not meta, but it's also not uncommon. As another poster correctly stated, a lot of times they are looking to grab low-hanging fruit, i.e. over-altruistic Survivors who will drop a gen and rush to be the first one at the hook....and frequently, the Killer in question is not disappointed. Even playing Survivor and using Bond, I have watched two other Survivors drop their gens LITERALLY on the opposite end of the map and run in for the save. Can't blame the Killer for sitting quietly and letting dinner come to him, if that's what they're going to do. :)

    Other times, the Killer is just doing it because they can, and the Killer's stealth ability allows them to do so.

    Have you run into a Killer yet who is using Insidious and camping in a corner of the basement? Those ones are real fun.

    But yeah...mostly, this is a Thing That Happens, and has to be accepted.