Why patch glitched cosmetic when devs can allow players to mix match?
Players are desperate to customize their favourite character but locked behind sets and limited number of costumes (Cheryl for example).
Players are desperate to customize their favourite character but locked behind sets and limited number of costumes (Cheryl for example).
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Because they want it like that. If they wanted us to be able to mix them, then linked set wouldn't exist in the first place.
For (hopefully) the last time:
Licensed characters' appearence is dictated by license holders.
License holders have the authority to say "We do not want players to be able mix&match cosmetics for X character."
BHVR MUST respect the contract stipulated with each license holder, otherwise they risk fines or, worse, they might have to remove certain licensed characters from DbD altogether.
When it comes to licensed characters we can assume that BHVR has little to no way of deciding things on their own, such as giving players the possibility of mixing cosmetics.
I don't buy the argument of "its all capcom/konamis fault". They could let us mix and match original character sets.
Tbh, I'm not motivated to buy any sets and use them as is. I have no intention on buying any more cosmetics because mixing was the only fun I had with them.
Silent Hill Legion? Gross. Headless Legion? Heck yeah.
Minotaur Oni? Eh, cool I guess. Minotaur Death Throes Oni? METAL AF \m/
Well obviously it's not entirely the fault of the license holders. There's nothing stopping BHVR from allowing mix and match with their original characters.